Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top-20 Prospects: #13

Who is the St. Louis Blues' #13 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
2022 Prospect Rankings:

#1 Zachary Bolduc (75.8%)
#2 Jake Neighbours (50.9%)
#3 Jimmy Snuggerud (51%)
#4 Scott Perunovich (86.8%)
#5 Joel Hofer (50%)
#6 Alexei Toropchenko (55.3%)
#7 Nikita Alexandrov (33.3%)
#8 Matt Kessel (38.7%)
#9 Klim Kostin (51.4%)
#10 Leo Lööf (31%)
#11 Simon Robertsson (26.7%)
#12 Michael Buchinger (28.0%)
#13 ?

You can change your vote.

Poll closes in 2 days.

I was going to change my vote to Buchinger before the poll closed, but forgot and when I re-entered the site, my vote was changed to Buchinger. The AI is strong in this one!!

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I went with Sim. I think he is going to rise in the rankings over the next year or two.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Went Koromyslov. Him and Sim are probably the two with most NHL potential left. I know there's a lot of dickinson believers here, i'm currently not one of them. Koro and sim for me all day. Followed by peterson, Wash and tucker. low ceilings but pro potential

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Went Koromyslov. Him and Sim are probably the two with most NHL potential left. I know there's a lot of dickinson believers here, i'm currently not one of them. Koro and sim for me all day. Followed by peterson, Wash and tucker. low ceilings but pro potential

IMO Dickinson has a really nice toolset that could translate very well to the NHL. For a long time I thought he might be a decent third line winger one day. However, first he misses an entire season due to Covid, then his injury occured... that's a lot of development time lost... If either didn't happen I might've put him at the 6th-8th spot on my ranking. Now I'd put him behind guys like Koromyslov and Peterson.

Sim did surprise me. He was also a standout at development camp. I wonder how he will do next OHL season. Now that Evangelista and Stranges are going to the AHL, hopefully Sim will get a top 6 role and some time on special teams. He could be a huge riser on next years rankings especially because he was also one of the younger first eligible draftees and thus might have some more development left in him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
IMO Dickinson has a really nice toolset that could translate very well to the NHL. For a long time I thought he might be a decent third line winger one day. However, first he misses an entire season due to Covid, then his injury occured... that's a lot of development time lost... If either didn't happen I might've put him at the 6th-8th spot on my ranking. Now I'd put him behind guys like Koromyslov and Peterson.

Sim did surprise me. He was also a standout at development camp. I wonder how he will do next OHL season. Now that Evangelista and Stranges are going to the AHL, hopefully Sim will get a top 6 role and some time on special teams. He could be a huge riser on next years rankings especially because he was also one of the younger first eligible draftees and thus might have some more development left in him.
Think this is right on all counts.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

yeah, Dickinson has some skill but I see him as one of those types that doesn't fit a bottom 6 role and isn't good enough to play in the top 6 type. I think he'll be a solid AHL'er who may get a cup of coffee in the NHL.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Ellis has moved ahead of Dickinson, which is a little unfortunate because I wanted to see if I can project my thoughts of a tie-breaking vote (like Buchinger) that will change my vote without me physically changing my vote.

That is what happened in the previous poll.

I programmed into the matrix that I was going to change my vote to Buchinger in order to avoid a tie. Looks like the AI understood my intention (or frequency of a particular thought) and changed my vote for me.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
This is just my honest opinion, but goalies - any goalie - should never be rated above potential middle six forwards and/or potential top-four defensemen; they're simply too volatile. Even though I value ceiling over floor, there is no floor for goalies. Hofer would've been way down on my list, while Ellis, Zherenko, and Cranley would be lucky to make my top twenty.

Hence, I will politely disagree with Ellis (and Zherenko/Cranley by proxy) being ranked above Dickinson, Koromyslov, Peterson, Kaskimaki, Sim, Galloway, Gaudet, Tucker, Laferriere, and maybe even McGing, Bitten, and Washkurak, or even the new kid, Bakonov. And after his performance at Traverse City (where, to be fair; we hung our goalies out to dry), I'm not very confident in Ellis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad