Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top-20 Prospects: #12

Who is the St. Louis Blues' #12 Prospect?

• Will Cranley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyson Galloway

• Marc-Andre Gaudet

• Mathias Laferrière

• Brady Lyle

• Dylan Peterson

• Tyler Tucker

• Keean Washkurak

• Vadim Zherenko

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
2022 Prospect Rankings:

#1 Zachary Bolduc (75.8%)
#2 Jake Neighbours (50.9%)
#3 Jimmy Snuggerud (51%)
#4 Scott Perunovich (86.8%)
#5 Joel Hofer (50%)
#6 Alexei Toropchenko (55.3%)
#7 Nikita Alexandrov (33.3%)
#8 Matt Kessel (38.7%)
#9 Klim Kostin (51.4%)
#10 Leo Lööf (31%)
#11 Simon Robertsson (26.7%)
#12 ?

You can change your vote.

Poll closes in 2 days.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Staying with Kaskimaki.

The Blues clearly had him higher than Buchinger all of a couple months ago but folks here have seen a couple brief snippets of Buchinger but not from Kaskimaki yet so I’m guessing are simply more familiar and thus more comfortable with him?

Reactions: Blueston

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
His injury concerns me. DA said he won’t be at camp. Sounds like he is ways away from being able to play.
Where’d you see that?

That’s concerning. I noticed his name wasn’t on the roster but neither is Toropchenko’s so I didn’t think much of it. But I’d think Dickinson would at least be there even if most of his time would be spent with the trainers.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Where’d you see that?

That’s concerning. I noticed his name wasn’t on the roster but neither is Toropchenko’s so I didn’t think much of it. But I’d think Dickinson would at least be there even if most of his time would be spent with the trainers.
Timmerman article in slpd.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Staying with Kaskimaki.

The Blues clearly had him higher than Buchinger all of a couple months ago but folks here have seen a couple brief snippets of Buchinger but not from Kaskimaki yet so I’m guessing are simply more familiar and thus more comfortable with him?
Yeah, pretty much this for me personally haha. I just honestly don't know much about Kaskimaki and didn't get to see any Finland games from the WJC.

I've read some scouting reports and looked into some stats and like what I see with Buchinger. From what I gather, Buchinger's skating is a big strength and he put up very good point totals in his first OHL season. He's pretty young with an April birthday, so he was only 17 for most of last season. He was tied for the lead on his team in +/- as a 17 year old and lead all dmen on his team in scoring by a decent margin.

The cancelled OHL season in '20-21 clearly impacted his development track so I am hoping he can still develop quite a bit more in the next couple seasons to catch up. I think he is currently a very solid all around dman in the OHL, but if he can develop some more standout skills he could be a real gem.

As far as the drafting tho, they were only taken 15 spots apart in the 3rd round so it's not likely they were ranked very far apart...and there could be any number of reasons for the order they were drafted. An extreme example, but we drafted MacEachern 19 spots before Parayko in the 2012 3rd round :dunno:

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Where’d you see that?

article

And the relevant deets on Dickinson.

No Dickinson​

Forward Tanner Dickinson, considered a fast-riser among Blues prospects before suffering a fractured thighbone last January, did not accompany the prospects team in Traverse City and will not participate in Blues training camp — which starts next week.

“It’s going to be a while,” general manager Doug Armstrong said. “That was a very serious injury. He won’t be in training camp.”
Playing junior hockey for Sault Ste. Marie in Ontario Hockey League, Dickinson suffered the injury in a Jan. 29 game against the Barrie Colts. A fourth-round pick in 2020, Dickinson had 47 points in 35 games on 18 goals and 29 assists before the injury. He also had made the Team USA junior squad.

Dickinson did some drill work during the Blues’ development camp in July at Centene Community Ice Center, but it may be a while before he sees the ice again in a team setting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad