4) Jake Neighbours - 63.8%
5) Simon Robertsson - 35.8%
6) Nikita Alexandrov - 62.1%
7) Joel Hofer - 72.1%
8) Colten Ellis - 33.3%
9) Matt Kessel - 48.8%
10) Alexei Toropchenko - 27.3%
11) Tyler Tucker - 43.6%

Tyler Tucker is the #11 prospect. I think I've said it every year by this point but the guy continues to improve in the face of adversity. From where he started out, the guy has improved in almost every conceivable way. His skating went from putrid to about average I'd say. His offensive reads have come alive. His ability to limit space has taken a dramatic turn. He just improves and I personally love being so wrong about him. But saying that, he definitely bit off more than he's used to chewing last year. Quite a few have stated he looked overmatched as the AHL season went on and had many weaknesses to his game exposed. It was a far cry from the years before that where he became a highly sought after commodity in junior. But that shouldn't come off as disappointment. It's always challenging for players to go from junior/college leagues to the pros except for the few truly gifted. So Tucker's challenges shouldn't be from lack of talent but more lack of experience. That doesn't mean he's a sure-fire NHLer, but development is hardly ever linear, so next year should give a better indicator on where he can go. I think he has the ability to become an NHL defenseman (maybe even a bottom-6 forward given how the Blues have used him over the past year and a bit). He probably won't become that high scoring player he was in junior, but if he gets in, a bottom-4 defenseman capable of 10 - 20 points a year certainly seems right to me. But he's been proving me incorrect for years, so he'll become that top-10 defenseman that will ground all in his dust a la Pronger now.

I want to apologize for the lateness of this poll. I usually am more prompt to get these up as soon as the old poll closes, but I was on vacation and my laptop screen decided to cease functioning as soon as the poll closed. I could have done it on my phone but typing a post on that thing is already hard enough, so I decided against it.

Anyway, let's get to #12!

Reactions: Ranksu

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Dickinson again.

As Blueston said, us giving him his ELC before the season has even started means we really like him.

Reactions: Blueston

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I don't pay much attention to Juniors leagues around North America and Europe anymore, nor the US College leagues, so I haven't the slightest knowledge about any of the remaining Blues' prospects. And, to be honest, I really can't afford the time to read up on all of them, and watch their filmed highlights, or watch old games in which they played. And even then, I'd just be regurgitating what was said in their scouting reports verified by their footage, or tempered by what I saw of it. So, I'll just opt out of voting from here on (partly due to Covid protocol, and partly to increasing senility. :rolleyes:

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I went with Loof here because he's played in a men's league already and should be starting in Liiga this season, so I think he might be further along in development and can contribute more than any of the prospects left. Having said that, Dickinson, Peterson, and a few others could end up being solid players, but I just don't know enough about them to say.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I went with Loof also. I like Dickinson, but he needs to get stronger. Another guy, is Washkurak. I love his play.

Pederson, I don't love. I just don't think he will develop an offensive game and then I really don't know where I would put him. Unless, he has a great beginning of the season at University, I don't see him making the USA WJC.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
maybe I have higher hopes for Tucker than others, but all he's done is get better and better every year, and impress in camp

I'm not sure how much I'd put into how the AHL played out last year. and heck, even when they were in SA it wasn't a 'good' team

here's hopin the kid keeps taking those steps forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad