4) Niko Mikkola - 42.9%
5) Jake Neighbours - 61.1%
6) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.6%
7) Joel Hofer - 69.4%
8) Tyler Tucker - 31.6%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 27.6%
10) Dylan Peterson - 44.8%
11) Keean Washkurak - 29%

Washkurak takes the number 11 spot. Got to say, I'm most surprised he takes a spot this high up. He should progress to that Sobotka-like player. One that plays a high energy type of game that would become a crowd favorite just for his motor alone. I hope he can continue to progress and make the big show one day.

Time to start number 12!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Poganski. NHL readiness trumps skill for me at this point. He could be a serviceable 4th liner.
Most likely takes Steen spot on team. Perfect timing for Steen retirement.

Its still mind-blowing how far in rankings NHL ready 4th liners fall vs. prospect what we dont anything then weight and height and when he has born.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Its still mind-blowing how far in rankings NHL ready 4th liners fall vs. prospect what we dont anything then weight and height and when he has born.

I'd expect Clifford to be Steen's replacement to be honest. Especially after he was signed at specific request from the players. If only Steen and Tarasenko are injured and we don't sign an additional free agent forward I expect a 4th line of Barbashev-Sundqvist-Clifford with MacEachern and DeLaRose as extra's. I think Poganski will certainly be in our taxisquad and will be one of the first injury call-ups. I could be wrong though and I'm interested to see how he does in pre-season.

About evaluating players: Personally I rate a player that has a small chance of being a 3rd liner, and has a big chance of being nothing more then a AHLer for life higher then a player that's almost certainly going to be a 4th liner but has no more potential than that. It's perfectly reasonable to disagree: everyone has their own way of evaluating prospects and even if I don't agree, I enjoy reading the reasoning behind people's choices.

That being said, I went with McGing and will probably pick Laferriere or Ellis after him.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
We're still in a competitive window, if trading 1sts can return a long term piece, it's definitely worthwhile because that pick isn't going to help this current core while it's still in its prime. That said, I would be completely against moving a 1st for a rental

Reactions: tfriede2

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

What do you see as differentiating Poganski from Nolan Stevens?

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
This is my question.

Nolan Stevens played very well last year as an AHL sophomore and had better stats (albeit only slightly) than Poganski. Yet, Stevens doesn’t have a single vote. Odd to say the least.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
This is my question.

Nolan Stevens played very well last year as an AHL sophomore and had better stats (albeit only slightly) than Poganski. Yet, Stevens doesn’t have a single vote. Odd to say the least.
I doubt either becomes nhl regular. They are basically same age as Barbashev.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
This is my question.

Poganski continuously played top 6 minutes while Bannister moved Stevens up and down the line up, although, I believe, he mostly played on the Rampage' 3rd line (with 'lesser' players then Poganski usually was playing with). At the start of last season Stevens was even a healthy scratch for a couple of matches until they swapped him in for Polei.

I think the Blues view Stevens more as an 'unknown' while they knew exactly what Poganski was capable of. Hence Poganski playing more pre season minutes, being a black ace and, probably, has a bit more exposure to the fanbase. Which is probably a reason Poganski is getting more votes (+we have a couple of posters advocating him).

Personally I would've liked to see how Stevens would do if he'd continuously played top 6 minutes, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd outperforms players like Poganski and DeLaRose.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What I saw pre-season games. I dont see same intensity and drive in Steven's game compare to Poganski + look like Steven's leg speed isnt enough for NHL level. I liked how physical game Poganski gave. Hard pressure, grind style. Everything on his game look like MacMac and saw some offensive glimpses in his game. Ifc I have small sample size.

Same thing is with Kostin I view him much higher what he's noted here. Easily could play 3rd line with Sunny - Bozak - Kostin. Youngsters should give opportunity if they aren't that far from NHL level.

Hate to see Brouwer type of players get icetime vs kids.

We'll see at this training camp where those two belongs. My eye test is from 1-year ago so they could be really different level now,but I'm high on Poganski hes our 12th-13th guy. Interesting 4th liner.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I took Loof''s skill and it's potential over a more sure, but much, much lower ceiling with Poganski. Not really a lot to work with at this point. Remember when The Blues had such prospect depth that they approached 20 with them still having NHL potential? On the other hand, they never would have won The Stanley Cup without having traded off significant draft capital and prospects for Schenn and O'Reilly. So, The Blues are now on the downside in draft capital depth due to that buildup. The cycle will reverse as soon as it becomes totally clear that this particular period of deep playoff level capability is over, and The Blues can no longer be competitive with the top-rung teams by re-tooling on-the-fly.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
This is my question.

Stevens style of play doesn't exactly fit that as a 4th line/PK contributor as well as poganski does. Poganski does alot of things not on the scoresheet that makes him the more sensible selection than stevens given the nhl upside/minimal role they'd be taking on in the NHL

Reactions: Ranksu

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4