Value of: St Louis Blues roster

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Perron for Kerfoot and Liljegren? This only really works if the Blues don’t see themselves as contenders though. Perron is a fine player but Liljegren is the Leafs second best defensive prospect and still has lot of upside. Kerfoot is also a decent depth player and should help ease the stress of losing Perron who is older and only signed for one season after this one.

Reactions: St Louis515

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Oilers would be interested in either Hoffman or Schwartz (or both). Would this be an acceptable offer to get both?

To STL: 2021 1st, 2022 2nd, Bear, Lavoie, Chiasson (cap purposes)

To EDM: Hoffman (50% retained), Schwartz (50% retained)

Oilers roster after:

Schwartz-McD-Puljujarvi
Hoffman-Drai-Yamamoto
Khaira-Nuge-Archibald
Kahun-Haas-Kassian

Nurse-Barrie
Lagesson-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

(D is still pretty weak. Presumably we’d look to make another upgrade).

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Perron for Kerfoot and Liljegren? This only really works if the Blues don’t see themselves as contenders though. Perron is a fine player but Liljegren is the Leafs second best defensive prospect and still has lot of upside. Kerfoot is also a decent depth player and should help ease the stress of losing Perron who is older and only signed for one season after this one.

:popcorn:

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
Oilers would be interested in either Hoffman or Schwartz (or both). Would this be an acceptable offer to get both?

Oilers roster after:

Schwartz-McD-Puljujarvi
Hoffman-Drai-Yamamoto
Khaira-Nuge-Archibald
Kahun-Haas-Kassian

Nurse-Barrie
Lagesson-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
As a Blues fan, I am good with that. Schwartz contract is up after this year, not sure if you knew that. He is kind of a lighting rod with the fan base here. Fear here he is going to want to get paid on what will likely be his last deal. He is a good player, but with a flat cap the next year or so not sure how he fits on this team next year.To me he is not worth 7 million for 5-7 years. It has Steen deal all over it.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

Come on seriously. You want our PPG player on a sweetheart contract for another year and you don't even put a 1st in the deal. A 3rd liner and a struggling prospect do not move the needle at all for me.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017

Oilers roster after:

Schwartz-McD-Puljujarvi
Hoffman-Drai-Yamamoto
Khaira-Nuge-Archibald
Kahun-Haas-Kassian

Nurse-Barrie
Lagesson-Larsson
Russell-Bouchard

I think this is a decent framework of a deal. I’d give the blues until deadline day though and see if they can string a few wins together first to decide if they are going to sell. Also, I’d say the 2nd goes to another first if Edmonton advances past the 2nd round.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017

perron will not be dealt even if the blues are sellers. He has one more year left on his deal at 4 million and that’s an insanely good price for a veteran point per game player. For Perron to be dealt he would have to request the trade and I don’t see that happening.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
As a Blues fan, I am good with that. Schwartz contract is up after this year, not sure if you knew that. He is kind of a lighting rod with the fan base here. Fear here he is going to want to get paid on what will likely be his last deal. He is a good player, but with a flat cap the next year or so not sure how he fits on this team next year.To me he is not worth 7 million for 5-7 years. It has Steen deal all over it.

Yessir, fully aware both are rentals. I’ve always liked Schwartz when I’ve seen him play, I think his game is somewhat similar to what we get out of Yamamoto, with the exception that Schwartz is a bit bigger, stronger, better at getting shots off. But I like the idea of having a puck hound on every line.

I know Schwartz isn’t having the greatest season, but I’d pull the trigger based on his resume. I’d be fine simplifying the deal and just targeting him. Not sure I’d give up a 1st for him though. We don’t have a 2nd this year either. Maybe multiple picks going both ways to even things out?

To STL: 2021 1st, 2021 4th, Chiasson (cap purposes)

To EDM: Schwartz (50% retained), 2021 3rd, 2021 5th

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Come on seriously. You want our PPG player on a sweetheart contract for another year and you don't even put a 1st in the deal. A 3rd liner and a struggling prospect do not move the needle at all for me.
This is his first season scoring at a ppg pace and he’s only signed for a season and a half. I also didn’t think Liljegren was struggling. He was injured which effected his development but he was destroying the minors before and after and looked alright during his limited NHL exposure. We’re just fairly depth offensive d wise and thus we could afford to take our time with his development. Obviously Perron is better but he’s over 30 while Kerfoot is 26 and Lil is still a top prospect. I didn’t feel the value was that far off given what Kadri returned and the fact that Perron’s ppg season is a bit of an outlier(that’s not to say he can’t do it again because obviously I want him and think he’s great). What would you propose the Leafs add? Perhaps a second to that package?

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Yessir, fully aware both are rentals. I’ve always liked Schwartz when I’ve seen him play, I think his game is somewhat similar to what we get out of Yamamoto, with the exception that Schwartz is a bit bigger, stronger, better at getting shots off. But I like the idea of having a puck hound on every line.

I know Schwartz isn’t having the greatest season, but I’d pull the trigger based on his resume. I’d be fine simplifying the deal and just targeting him. Not sure I’d give up a 1st for him though. We don’t have a 2nd this year either. Maybe multiple picks going both ways to even things out?

To STL: 2021 1st, 2021 4th, Chiasson (cap purposes)

To EDM: Schwartz (50% retained), 2021 3rd, 2021 5th
This is brutal for the Blues , take out the retention and the picks from STL. then you might have a starting point .

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
don't see the Note trading schwartz. he'll get re-signed. Hoffman, there's a chance.

as far as folks talking about trading 6 or 7 players in a sell-off.. ain't happening... the sky is falling crowd always cracks me up

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Jets will take Parayko... what’s the price

He's not on the table.

Only players I can see being traded are Hoffman, Dunn, Sanford, Bozak and Blais. We can retain so we could be looking, for example, at Hoffman at 2 million and Bozak at 2.5 million. I don't see Schwartz being dealt as I still expect us to resign him, although I don't mind a -trade and sign again with us in the summer-deal like we did with Keith Tkachuk.

This is brutal for the Blues , take out the retention and the picks from STL. then you might have a starting point .

I don't mind retaining on players, as long as it increases the assets coming back.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Hoffman to Edmonton for a conditional 1st condition that if they don’t make it past the 1st round in playoffs it becomes a 2nd

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
very disingenuous calling Liljegren a "struggling prospect"

he's more valuable than our 1st, so not sure why you'd want a worse piece in his offer.

Reactions: banks and MisterT

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The only players I think the Jackets would be interested in are almost certainly not on the table. Unless y'all are willing to hear offers on Schenn or something.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Aren't the Bblues in a playoff race? Why would they throw in the towel?

We mostly have games against Vegas, the Avs and the Wild. And we're still battling injuries while having multiple guys on the roster that have been injured earlier and are still not at a 100%. The next couple of games will decide if we're going to trow the towel, get everyone fit and try again next year.

Reactions: St Louis515

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
perron will not be dealt even if the blues are sellers. He has one more year left on his deal at 4 million and that’s an insanely good price for a veteran point per game player. For Perron to be dealt he would have to request the trade and I don’t see that happening.

Perron has also become a bit of a Ryan Smyth for the blues too, right? Shows very much that he wants to be there, wants to keep coming back even after being traded, his best hockey has always been in St Louis, and many fans I know of the Blues cling to him pretty dearly. It'd be crazy to trade him.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
How've Blais and Sanford looked this season? Canucks are looking for big-bodied wingers for future playoffs.

Virtanen for Blais and a pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad