Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Prospect Ranking #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I went with Letunov, as he's got tonnes of skill, has great on-ice vision, offensive sense, is decent on defence (for his age and league), and mainly just needs to grow into his body and add a lot of strength. Those are easier things to do that depend on natural body evolution, eating properly and lifting weights (body building). Those depend only upon dedication from Letunov's end, rather than learning skills, developing skating, learning positioning, and learning "hockey sense" (which comes difficultly for many). He'll have an easier path to becoming a high-level player than many, and I expect that he'll do it.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Went with Lindbohm, but I am a bit surprised that Edmundson hasn't gotten many votes yet. He is progressing fine, but we do need him (and Hakanpaa) to step it up this year. Those two haven't fallen off the map with us. I went with Lindbohm over those two due to the impression he made at the development camp and his WJC history.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I went with Letunov, as he's got tonnes of skill, has great on-ice vision, offensive sense, is decent on defence (for his age and league), and mainly just needs to grow into his body and add a lot of strength. Those are easier things to do that depend on natural body evolution, eating properly and lifting weights (body building). Those depend only upon dedication from Letunov's end, rather than learning skills, developing skating, learning positioning, and learning "hockey sense" (which comes difficultly for many). He'll have an easier path to becoming a high-level player than many, and I expect that he'll do it.

I went with Binnington just because I think he has as much talent, if not more, than Jake Allen and he's also proving it at the professional level. Having said that, I completely agree with you. Letunov already has a nice frame and is immensely skilled. With that, putting on weight is one of the easiest things to do for young people. If that's really the main aspect of what caused him to slip so far in the rankings, than I think we got a pretty nice steal in him.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The last spot was a toss-up for me between Parayko and Lindbohm so that makes this poll an easy vote for Lindbohm for me.

I'm intrigued by Letunov but want to see more of him before ranking him ahead of some of the guys in this range.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Vannelli. It's my favorite kind of ice cream. Beach flavored ice cream just sounds gross.

Oh yea, and he has the most upside of anyone left. He has to work on his defensive end but he made strides this last year and put up great offensive points in juniors.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Lindbohm again for me. Too many signs to ignore that he'll be a good pro. Rave reviews the last couple years from sources across the pond and now here in NA from both management and fans. I've been bullish on this guy since his draft year and he's surprised even me. Reminds me of how Polak started attracting more and more attention. This is the guy I think will actually end up playing for the Blues.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Lindbohm again for me. Too many signs to ignore that he'll be a good pro. Rave reviews the last couple years from sources across the pond and now here in NA from both management and fans. I've been bullish on this guy since his draft year and he's surprised even me. Reminds me of how Polak started attracting more and more attention. This is the guy I think will actually end up playing for the Blues.

I have to agree with this assessment as well as tfriede2. There is too much to like as he may be the heir apparent to Jackman as the guy no one likes to play against in the current style of hockey. From all reviews, he will be a top 4 minutes eating contributor at the NHL level. Binnington is an excellent choice here as well as he has every bit the resume to be in the Blues top 5. From here, I don't have the clarity. Husso, Edmundson, Hakanpaa, Letunov, Vanelli, etc. There is a bit more uncertainty as to their contribution at the next level though their tool boxes are full. Husso may be the best and closest one of the bunch. He was every bit the #1 goalie on the Finnish men's league team he played on.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Binnington is looking great so far. But goalies are hard to guage at that young age. He could look very good for another couple years and fizzle out. The mental aspects are touchy and vulnerable to outside situations. It's risky to pick a promising goaltender over a promising skater at a young age.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Binnington again. I feel like he is pretty unknown to many fans.

I hear ya, but you also have to consider that Binnington was playing in the ECHL last year with Allen still in the AHL, as the Wolves had their own backup, not a Blues prospect. Binnington will get his shot in the AHL this fall and should shoot up easily into one of our top 5 prospects at this time next year.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Binnington again. I feel like he is pretty unknown to many fans.
Yeah, he sort of came too late to be part of the Blues' "goalie of the future" trend.
People will probably start paying attention in another year or two unless Binnington either flops or does well enough to get some sort of hardware.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
i went with vannelli.

I guess all that hakanpaa hype P9's created is out the windown now?

I still think he has a chance personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad