Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Prospect Ranking #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I think there is a gap between Barbashev at this spot and Schmaltz in the next. Then there is another gap after Schmaltz.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Barbashev should win this one pretty easy, then I think it starts to get interesting, Schmaltz for me

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I missed voting for #4, but, I'd have voted for Rattie. Barbashev is my pick for #5, and he'll win in a landslide. He's 2 steps above everyone else who remain.

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012
Lundstrom may have the highest ceiling of any goalie after Allen. Why is he not on the list?

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I would personally slot Parayko right after Schmaltz. Opinions will vary quite a bit on the d-men after Schmaltz though.

I'm really happy that Schmaltz is turning into a great pick for us, especially after the not so warm welcome we fans, including me, gave him.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
He deserved it. The player Schmaltz was deserved a lot of scorn, thankfully he stopped playing that way.

What? He played on the top pairing with Forbert as a Freshman. He was a dominant player in the USHL the year he was drafted. I get that people ripped the pick, but he wasn't considered a reach at that time. He didn't just suddenly put it all together last season - as a Freshman he had to earn his time and focus on his defensive game - which he has. Unlike Vannelli, who went the CHL route, he has had to learn the dside of things first.

And yes, I went with Schmaltz here.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm calling this one. Barbashev in a landslide. New poll up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad