GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Montreal Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
St. Louis Blues vs Carey Price: 7:30 p.m., TSN2, RDS, TSN-690 Radio

I got a friend of a friend, whose cousin's friend's co-worker's second cousin's brother's sister's neighbor's kid works at EA. I was lucky enough to snag next year's cover given DLR's game-breaking performance against Detroit.

front.jpg

BACK.jpg

Last Game

My Thoughts
We're too good to tank, not good enough to compete for the cup, but a win tonight solidifies our position at 3rd in the Atlantic, though the Bruins will have 4 games in hand. We are 13-12-3, but the reality is we aren't at .500 for the season yet if you consider the OTL's, so we need to continue racking up wins through this next stretch. STL has lost 3 in a row so if there's a time to play them, it is now.

Add Mod edit , Frenchy:

I would like to bring this comment from a few games ago to your attention:

The vast majority of us watch games in the hope we win. It's basic psychology. I emotionally cheer for my team to win the game, not for them to bank draft picks in a long-term tanking strategy.

Tanking/failing is a legitimate way to be a fan if your sights are set on a better future with a different GM and better prospects. That's cool. But then don't watch the game, and don't cheer for the Habs to lose, especially when everyone around you is cheering for them to win. That's just rude, IMO. It's like marching into a party to proclaim the dangers of alcohol. Right argument, wrong place. Those who want to defer for the future are free to post in the appropriate threads, not in a GDT, where it's not about the future, it's about one game. You wouldn't buy a ticket to go cheer a loss; don't do it in a GDT. That's how I see it anyway. It's not so much an exact formula... more of a social code.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
Great GDT!

I think it's great that MB is trying to win the cup with $10M of cap space. We're too good so we need to impose on ourselves a handicap. I see what you did there MB...

Reactions: sandviper

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This week will be more telling of where Habs are headed than last week was. The Blues are on a 3-game losing skid, and have lost 6 of their last 10. So it's a good time to face them.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This will really tell us if the Habs team that is on this 5 game winning streak is for real or not.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
NEW SEASON MODE : Crappy Carey season. Start every game in the 2nd period, 3 goals behind.

Awesome cover :P

I wonder if we have been playing over our heads in the last 5 games or very much under our capabilities the first 20... Who's the real Slim Shawzy ?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

I got a friend of a friend, whose cousin's friend's co-worker's second cousin's brother's sister's neighbor's kid works at EA. .
I think I know that kid.

Nice job on the GDT!

Go Habs Go!!

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Not really. 1 game in an 82 game schedule doesn't tell a story.

FIrst..Great GDT☺

I agree with you that 1 game doesn't tell the story, but it's hard not to look at this game as a bit of a litmus test.

The way St. Louis is built and the way they play is exactly what gives us problems. In particular their D is such a good skating group I'm curious to see if our forecheck will give them issues.

They also have a legit superstar at forward in Tarasenko, who like Mr. Price, can win a game by himself.

Im really looking forward to this, because the way we are playing I think we can take these guys right now.

Regardless it will be fun to watch, and I'm thinking we see Plekanec 18+ minutes tonight..Mete sits this one out..and a game that hits OT.

Reactions: sandviper and Tuggy

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I definitely agree that it's a nice litmus test for the team. But the hyperbole to say it's to prove if they are for "real" or not is absurd.

I will wait for the end of the season to opine on which games were definitely the cause for whatever result it is that we end up achieving.

#isheserious

#maybe

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
I dont get the D pairings...why is Benn with Weber? I thought Schlemko was to be tried there? Also is Mete really better than Jerabek at this point? I thought we would be seeing:

Schlemko-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Jerabek-Benn

At least that what i think it should be...

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Greetings from Alaska! Far cry from Texas weather! The game starts at 3:30 for me...damn

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

I got a friend of a friend, whose cousin's friend's co-worker's second cousin's brother's sister's neighbor's kid works at EA. I was lucky enough to snag next year's cover given DLR's game-breaking performance against Detroit.

View attachment 86531
View attachment 86537

Last Game

My Thoughts
We're too good to tank, not good enough to compete for the cup, but a win tonight solidifies our position at 3rd in the Atlantic, though the Bruins will have 4 games in hand. We are 13-12-3, but the reality is we aren't at .500 for the season yet if you consider the OTL's, so we need to continue racking up wins through this next stretch. STL has lost 3 in a row so if there's a time to play them, it is now.

Add Mod edit , Frenchy:

I would like to bring this comment from a few games ago to your attention:

Cap space.

Markov.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I loved the GDT's Sandviper

They are top notch, the right amount of humor and satire.

Also I laughed really hard , Aloud yet again, in my cubicle due to what you wrote in the warning area where its speaks to "wearing purple"

well played sir.

Too good to tank, too crappy to be a contender, sweet sweet mediocrity
GHG I guess???

dwo4life

Sep 30, 2017
Awesome thread! ...Our D is coming into form. Jerabek and Schlemko addition has really made our D more mobile. The guy who sticks out is Alzner and if they could move him that would be amazing.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I dont get the D pairings...why is Benn with Weber? I thought Schlemko was to be tried there? Also is Mete really better than Jerabek at this point? I thought we would be seeing:

Schlemko-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Jerabek-Benn

At least that what i think it should be...

because it makes no sense to play Schlemko straight up on the top pairing after he has not played for 6 months.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
out of towner here, just got a ticket for tonight, planning to take the Metro

how early should I plan on arriving?

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Doors do not open until 6 pm i believe, so no use getting there to early unless you want to visit the statues outside but would not take more than 30 minutes.

Reactions: McTrashBoat

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Gallagher got his 100th career goal last game....Weber has 499 points....Galchenyuk 95 career goals and Price 22 wins away from 300.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Great GDT!

I guess Drouin is still out? Hope he's back soon. I think we're in for a low scoring game but Pricer will stand on his head.

3-1 Habs! GHG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad