St. Louis Blues exhibition games in honor of P. Demitra

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Former St. Louis Blues players played one of the three exhibition games yesterday in Poprad, Slovakia.
It is some promo for the upcoming docu-movie about Pavol Demitra.

The roster :
Slovak Stars: Å imonovič - Chára, Marcinko, ViÅ¡ňovský, Suchý, Droppa - Bondra, Peter Å ťastný, Anton Å ťastný - Å atan, Bezák, Cíger - Kroták, Rastislav Pavlikovský, Lintner

St. Louis Blues: McLennan - Low, Bartečko, Finley, Chase, Sillinger - Yan Stastny, Federko, S. Young - Mayers, HandzuÅ¡, Wensink - Yake, Patey, T. Nash

More info and gallery here.

Finnaly we saw Chara na Satan in one team. :nod:

Rizzo90

Nov 10, 2011
I saw Peter Stastny in a blues jersey during this game. StL blues site showed either a shootout or penalty shot goal.... I'd love to have that old jersey with his #26 on it

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Game 3 of 3 played today in Bratislava. Was definitely fun, score was crazy, but hey it's exhibition. Game was stopped in the 38th minute for a minute of clapping in memory of Demitra - no 38. $225K was raised for Slovak youth hockey academies.

Some additions to the rosters: Marian Gaborik, Paul Stastny, Robert Petrovicky. Really loved when 4 Stastnys played on one line - so awesome!

Photo%2023-08-14%2019%2013%2046.jpg

10629748_10154611037005122_8418273926794057239_n.jpg

Last edited:

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
It seems like the movie about Demitra will be available to STL people after all.

The team around the directors is working tirelessly to get the rights to distribute this documentary outside of Slovakia, especially from the institutions that own the rights to some of the used highlights from the NHL, the World Championships and the Olympics.

Apparently, subtitles are already being made and the movie will be shown in the "STL opera house", whatever that is.

Also, after all the copyrights are dealt with, the KHL will make the documentary available on their webcast (though only with Russian subtitles I suppose).

I saw the movie in a cinema. Let me tell you - you will laugh throughout 80% of the movie. Then you will cry during the rest, as did all the grown men in the cinema I saw it in. It is not a case of "making money from someone's death" either, it was very tastefully done.

If you want to know more, Kelly Chase documented the entire Slovak trip on his twitter, some funny posts and pics there:

https://twitter.com/Chasenpucks39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad