GDT: St. Louis Blues at LA Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

So I asked myself a question. Blanick what are you doing different this year from last year that is causing the Blues to play so poorly. I was forced with a harsh truth. I have been all but absent in my GDT duties this year. I am to blame and I apologize. With that being said here is your game day thread.

:blues VS. :kings

TEAM COMPARISONS

ScreenHunter_02Mar051455.jpg

WESTERN CONFERENCE STANDINGS

ScreenHunter_01Mar051443.jpg

LAST TIME

STARTING LINEUPS

Blues.jpg

Schwartz-Backes-Oshie
Perron-Berglund-D'Agostini
Porter-Sobotka-Stewart
Cracknall-Nichol-Reaves

Cole-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Russell-Polak

Halak
Elliott

KINGS

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Lewis-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-King
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan

Muzzin-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Martinez-Ellerby

Bernier
Quick

ScreenHunter_02Oct210508.jpg

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020334&navid=sb:preview

MEDIA

kmox-blues1.jpg

blues_fsmidwest.jpg

Lucky Jersey.... Check
Lucky Chair.... Check
Lucky Pregame Meal.... Check
Goat to Sacrifice......
**** I forgot the goat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
I might be able to get you a goat from Grant's Farm or we can check any decent Indian restaurant.

Still laugh when I hear Joe Buck's attempt to call the play by play.

I would like to see Cracknall play on the third in place of Porter.

Anyone know why Cole is not in the lineup? I don't mind Russell getting more time to improve his play but Redden needs to be the odd man out.

LGB!

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Ready to get steamrolled. We really need to win this game. I don't want the playoff hunt to be as close as it is. A regulation loss will likely drop us out of the playoffs after tonight. Need a big win.

Linus

Nov 27, 2010
St. Louis
I'll be surprised if the Blues win. The Kings own the Blues. Not too long ago, the Blues owned the Kings, but the tables have turned. I hope to see a good effort out of them tonight though, and to not see them give up if something goes wrong.

I just noticed that the Blues have added almost a goal to their GA/G from last season.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I disappear for periods of time myself Blanick since I work nights miss the live games when I sleep, so you're not alone.

Anyway hope the Blues show up tonight in LA, and a unexpected victory would be welcome, but not expected.

Anyway, and always, Let's go Blues! :cheers:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Half of this board is going to implode if the Blues lose...And historically, the Kings have dominated them. This one looks to be ugly.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I'm not gonna look too much into this game. Going to play a team we can't beat on the road in the midst of an injury filled slump. I'm just hoping they show some heart

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
I'll be surprised if the Blues win. The Kings own the Blues. Not too long ago, the Blues owned the Kings, but the tables have turned. I hope to see a good effort out of them tonight though, and to not see them give up if something goes wrong.

I just noticed that the Blues have added almost a goal to their GA/G from last season.

That will go back down now that Halak is back :handclap:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I have been betting all my vcash every night to see how long I can keep picking one winner each night. I really want to put it all on the Kings, but my heart won't let me

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Literally zero expectations for this one (I don't think the board will implode if they lose...most have accepted LA is a much better team) but the first period will probably tell the tale if it's going to be a rout or not. LA has been a slow starting team this year and their 10 first period goals is the worst in hockey. And they played last night. But collectively they get incredibly better as a game goes along and have given up TWO third period goals in their last 8 games...and one was an empty netter. Blues better show up early if they don't want to be embarrassed.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Well, who knows. Maybe this team comes out an shocks us with a great performance, or maybe Bernier/Quick just ***** the bed for no apparent reason. That's why they play the game. Could be one hell of a game or a complete disaster; time will tell.

GO BLUES!!!

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Let's say it's the depressing night many of us suspect it will be. What further conclusion can we draw about this team? Any? Will there be increased call for physicality?

IMO the thing to remember is that until the Blues can overcome the Kings, they're relying on all kinds of luck to not meet the Kings in the playoffs at some point. Watching how the Kings play tonight and asking what do we need before we can match that roster – that's the main takeaway tonight.

Hopefully that blatant reverse psychology works.

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
I didn't expect so many to predict a loss. I dunno. Remaining slightly optimistic, but I'm probably a fool. Maybe have the vodka ready just in case though. Glad Halak's in net. Let's go Blues!

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think the negativity is overblown big time.

By the way (and I realize he spent a lot of time in the Eastern Conference), since he entered the league, Jaroslav Halak has the second best GAA (1.70)and save percentage (.935) vs. the Los Angeles Kings. Halak trails only Mike Smith of the Phoenix Coyotes.

Blues are 4-1-1 in their last six regular season games against the Kings at the Staples Center.

I suppose I can be accused of being a blind homer and that's ok, but I simply don't believe the Blues are incapable of beating the Kings, or anyone else. Is the team flawed? Sure. But it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.

LETS
GO
BLUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad