Pre-Game Talk: St Louis at Toronto @ 7pm Tues Jan 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It isn't about their record. An unbalanced schedule is simply not good. Because of this they will have to play most of the games on the road at the end of the season. Imagine if they have to fight with Tampa for home ice comes late March and April.
I have no idea how many home and away they have each month. If it is drastically imbalanced they'll have to find a way to fight through the adversity.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Timmins was looking so good. I know it's tough, but you have to find a way to keep him in
Agreed. He has looked good. Think they should consider rotating some of the D in and out of the lineup to keep guys fresh. Don't want to lose Timmins on waivers and sitting him out isn't going to help.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
In fact, the Leafs have played 24 of the other 31 teams so far.
Looking back it makes sense, it just feels like we’ve played the same teams over and over gain because we play them twice in short spans
St Louis
New Jersey
Pittsburgh
Tampa
Vegas

Playing all these teams in relatively short spans must be screwing with me

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Looking back it makes sense, it just feels like we’ve played the same teams over and over gain because we play them twice in short spans
St Louis
New Jersey
Pittsburgh
Tampa
Vegas

Playing all these teams in relatively short spans must be screwing with me
I wish the league scheduled more of the old school 80's back to backs. Don't have to be on consecutive nights, but two games in a row vs a non-rival has a way of creating a nice in-season intensity that is often missing. The players probably hate it.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The Bruins are going to be hard to catch, they are such a good team.

They are good but how much is goaltending? Leafs have proven t0 be a top 5 NHL team regardless of the goaltending level they receive the past 2 years. Last year the Bruins were 10th OA with basically the same rster with average goaltending whereas this year their starter has .939sv% but has also already played 30 games.

I think the chances are high that there is regression there. The rest of the underlying numbers are pretty damn close to the Leafs with us being better in most. If their goaltending stumbles and the team loses on some long road trips, it would only take a short win / loss streak for the Leafs to close the gap.

I wish the league scheduled more of the old school 80's back to backs. Don't have to be on consecutive nights, but two games in a row vs a non-rival has a way of creating a nice in-season intensity that is often missing. The players probably hate it.

That's what they did during covid and the players loved it and asked for it to remain. League said scheduling was too complex to do that and went back to the current system

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Guess what? Leafs are gonna lose this game.

I can just feel it. Things are just going too well with this team and I don't know why?

And.....I'm always wrong and would really enjoy a win tonight. Not sure this is gonna work though I've said too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad