Pre-Game Talk: St Louis at Toronto @ 7pm Tues Jan 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
There’s no downside to having 8 capable d. Downside would have been Timmins comes here and was rusty and making game losing plays, instead he has been his very good. Love his outlet passes and overall game. Probably safe to rest him though. Playing so much after years of inconsistent playing time and injuries might catch up to him.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I don't envision the same defender(s) being on the outside looking in for too long of a time. It's also not necessarily a bad thing to have a healthy scratch serve as a topic of interest.

Reactions: banks

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No ROR or Tarasenko for Stlouis tomorrow that's going to hurt their offense a lot

It also might take them off the market, although I doubt that, as long as they don't miss playoff games they have value

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
On Paper that D-core looks good, especially in the regular season.

But I have my doubts in the playoffs again when teams are gonna be playing a heavy physical forecheck and heavy style of game in front of our goaltender.

You have to be able to move bodies and its a problem when Reilly is our most toughest defender

Reactions: BayStBullies

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
No ROR or Tarasenko for Stlouis tomorrow that's going to hurt their offense a lot

It also might take them off the market, although I doubt that, as long as they don't miss playoff games they have value
Only gone for 6 and 4 weeks respectively. Should be back before TDL

Reactions: Buds17

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
With O’Reilly, Tarasenko and Krug out I expect to see goals from Rosen again. Hat trick for Kyrou? How about guys like Logan Brown and call up Jake Neighbors? Will they play like first team All-Stars for them. Do Schenn and Parayko wake up? I always cringe when I see major players going down for the other team. We’ve seen first hand how a team can rally and make up for absences.

Still I hope we demolish them.

Reactions: banks

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
It's a new year and time to close in on the Bruins. We have 15 home games and 8 road games in January and February. Bruins have 8 and 16 respectively. The dog days of winter have arrived. Let's take advantage, starting with the Blues.
The Bruins are going to be hard to catch, they are such a good team.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The Bruins are going to be hard to catch, they are such a good team.
They are. And they have still not lost on home ice in regulation this season... which is amazing.

They have one more home game before WE are there on Jan 14. It is clear we will be the ones to end that streak lol

Reactions: CincoHolio

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
The Leafs only had 2 wins in their last 15 home games against the Blues. This is going to be one of those games.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
The Leafs only had 2 wins in their last 15 home games against the Blues. This is going to be one of those games.
Hope you're wrong but historically the Leafs absolutely suck in January, pretty much as bad as they play at the end of April.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Beware that with St. Louis' injuries they might play like a wounded animal! Our Leafs need to come out ready to play for 60 minutes!

It would be great to see Marner bring out his inner Bedard!!!

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Leafs are 13-2-3 at home this season.

It isn't about their record. An unbalanced schedule is simply not good. Because of this they will have to play most of the games on the road at the end of the season. Imagine if they have to fight with Tampa for home ice comes late March and April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad