St. John's Ice Caps: 2014-15 Season - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Continued from: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1725969

.... dare I say, "Rinne-esque"?

Just listening to the Rona Round Table and RR was chatting with a reporter from St John's who covers the team. He had very high praise Helly and said he is the real deal. To your point about Rinne he said Connor is obviously big and very athletic. The reporter was chatting with the goaltending coach for St John's Dusty Imoo and the coach mentioned Helly is a very quick study. Also the reporter said Connor is an extremely hard worker (first on last off at practice).

If the IceCaps had Budaj and Olkinuora as their 2 goalies this season, is it fair to say that they would probably be the worst team in the league?

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Manchester Monarchs ‏@MonarchsHockey 25s25 seconds ago
Well, after five minutes of play it's looking a lot like last night's game. Neither team has scored and Hellebuyck looks sharp as ever

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
Manchester Monarchs ‏@MonarchsHockey 25s25 seconds ago
Well, after five minutes of play it's looking a lot like last night's game. Neither team has scored and Hellebuyck looks sharp as ever

End of one. 1-0 manchester on a shot that Helly would like back.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Apparently, Kosmo just had a great assist to Balisy, making it 3-1 for the Ice Caps.

It's insane that it's just impossible to find a stream for the game. I would pay for it, if only the streaming service weren't horrendous.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Impressive! The Ice Caps actually swept the #1 team in the league, with two wins. Final score 3-2 for the good guys. Hellebuyck with 35 saves.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Scoring
1. MCH Kitsyn, (1) , 16:09
2. STJ Brassard, (2) (O'Neill, Jaffray), 2:44
3. STJ Blanchard, (1) (Riley, MacKinnon), 0:21
3. STJ Balisy, (8) (Kosmachuk), 1:28
3. MCH Miller, (8) (Shore, O'Neill), 16:15 (PP)

Hellebuyck 35/37 .946

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
great week,u take 4 pts on a team 19 pts better u will take it,i cant recall ever a icecaps team taking it to Manchester or sweeping them,esp with are 2 top scorers out

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Highlights from the 3-2 win over the Monarchs.

Not a lot of Hellebuyck footage, but they show Kosmo's great play for the assist to the GWG.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Heard Kosmo's name a couple times in that highlight package besides the nifty assist

Kosmo made a couple of other terrific passes (that didn't result in goals).

His assist was terrific - stripped the D of the puck, and a lovely move to set up the goal.

I really like what Kosmo might bring down the road. He has some good hands, skates well enough and plays with a bit of an edge.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@IceCapsAHL: WATCH | Highlights of the IceCaps 4-2 loss to the @LVPhantoms https://t.co/aQnEXP0c9V

Scoring
1. LV Hagg, (3) (Jones, Comrie), 14:52 (PP)
2. LV Hextall, (3) (Flemming, Akeson), 12:16
2. STJ Riley, (2) , 12:41
3. STJ MacKinnon, (3) (Hill, Riley), 13:59
3. LV Gordon, (9) (Cousins), 17:01
3. LV White, (1) , 19:52 (EN/SH)

Hellebuyck 24/27 .889

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
Somewhat ironic that Gordon scored late for the win. He should be playing here. TNSE really missed the boat last summer letting guys like Gordon go.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
it was either money based or they were hoping that a youth movement would carry the team further than it has. Honestly, I expected more out of Kosmachuk, but I guess the adjustment to the pro game has its own pace. He'll be a serviceable 3rd liner with 2nd line upside if he comes into his own.

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
it was either money based or they were hoping that a youth movement would carry the team further than it has. Honestly, I expected more out of Kosmachuk, but I guess the adjustment to the pro game has its own pace. He'll be a serviceable 3rd liner with 2nd line upside if he comes into his own.

Hard to say. Who knows what they tried to do last summer. At the present time, can't see a forward that would help in the 'peg

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011

I got faith in Kosmo....... I think he will have a good 2nd 1/2 of the season. I think it is just the adjustment time in going CHL to pro. Odell is a good example.... his first year he had a hard time staying in the line-up. His 2nd a 3rd seasons in the AHL he became a point per game player. I feel Kosmo has a higher upside than Odell due to his skating, nose for the net and gritty-ness.

On a personal note..... I heard Helly-goalie interview on 1290 on Friday and he mentioned he was roommates with Kosmo in St Johns. I find that interesting...... as all the top tier prospects seem to gravitate to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad