SSM Greyhounds 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Coach Dean repeats that the Hounds tend to play a very good first period then revert to an average or bad last minutes. He stresses that this trend needs to be nipped in the butt as soon as possible and the players know this.

So what do they do last night? Exactly what needs to STOP.

What is it going to take for Dean to get through to his players regarding this unwanted trend???

Your bet is as good as mine.

Hopefully, the Hounds find an answer to this problem.

93MemCup

Apr 10, 2014
I hope it’s not the classic trap game by looking ahead to tomorrow’s tilt with Saginaw.
take care of business tonight, move on

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
What is the story with Mignosa - injured?

Hope D'Intino does not have recurrence of shoulder injury.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Shots are 35-7. This reminds me of the game against Oshawa where Jacob Oster stood on his head.

Niagara is not quite as bad as Oshawa, but close. Hopefully we can solve Flores in the third.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
From what I’ve heard it is not shoulder related.
D'Intino was practicing in a yellow jersey on Thursday. Taking one time shots with Kudryavtsev and sprinting 400 feet in between. Doesn't look like shoulder. He looked close to returning.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
No 38 or 26. Going with the extra dman.
IMG_3842.jpeg

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
The next 20 minutes of hockey may dictate home ice advantage in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Not a good feeling to play catch-up. In the game today, or the standings. Lots of time left for our Hounds to make some noise this afternoon. More importantly, Lots of games left in the season. Go Hounds!

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
The next 20 minutes of hockey may dictate home ice advantage in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Not a good feeling to play catch-up. In the game today, or the standings. Lots of time left for our Hounds to make some noise this afternoon. More importantly, Lots of games left in the season. Go Hounds!

I just don’t think “home ice advantage “ means as much to the team as it does the fans, going to be honest here.

They have to start trusting themselves and their teammates.

Owen Allard has regressed since WJC so badly it’s not even funny, if only his hockey sense was as fast as his skating speed.

Karki is a non factor on the defensive end of things and plays like he can’t wait for the season to end.

Christopher Brown gets undeserved icetime.

Jack Beck has regressed since deadline, something I didn’t want to post at the time but I felt like this would happen. He was the sheriff in town and ran the team when Barker was hurt ( pre trades ). Everything ran through Beck, but now we have more talent and I feel like he’s still trying to be THAT guy. Needs to just play his game, grip the stick less.

Our PP line 1 is too top heavy

Last edited:

Sakic fan

Sep 23, 2023
I just don’t think “home ice advantage “ means as much to the team as it does the fans, going to be honest here.

They have to start trusting themselves and their teammates.

Owen Allard has regressed since WJC so badly it’s not even funny, if only his hockey sense was as fast as his skating speed.

Karki is a non factor on the defensive end of things and plays like he can’t wait for the season to end.

Christopher Brown gets undeserved icetime.

Jack Beck has regressed since deadline, something I didn’t want to post at the time but I felt like this would happen. He was the sheriff in town and ran the team when Barker was hurt ( pre trades ). Everything ran through Beck, but now we have more talent and I feel like he’s still trying to be THAT guy. Needs to just play his game, grip the stick less.

Our PP line 1 is too top heavy
Hopefully just a late season funk with new players and finding the right chemistry. Definitely miss some of the grit we lost. Still time to fine tune before end of regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad