SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Anyone else notice all the glorious chances that Owen Allard keeps getting that he is unable to convert? Bryce may have scored two goals last night, but by my count Allard had more expected goals and ended up with none.

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Allard has truly been an enigma. He was undoubtedly our top forward the first half of the season. He came back from world juniors and hasn't been the same since. I've never seen such an instantaneous regression.

And I noticed the same thing last night. He's putting himself in good places and his first few steps are so explosive, but he's whiffing on some grade 'A' chances. It's a real headscratcher.

Makes you wonder if he's been battling an injury since the Jr's because he was a PPG player going into them and was a ghost the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Reactions: OHLfan200

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
i feel for our northern neighbours in sudbury. wolves fans deserve better than emergency $5 dollar beer announcements and 2nd round sweeps. the post-mortem won't be pretty but ought to start with a new GM and coaching staff.
I gotta get to that barn before it closes. I think going with Vondras is what really sank them. It doesn’t sound like coaching helped much either but I think they were stuck with Vondras from Day 1 and not or not being able to cut him loose and acquire a top flight netminder really hurt them. I know goaltending is slightly less impactful in the O than say the AHL or NHL but you gotta have at least one that is at least decent.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Anyone else notice all the glorious chances that Owen Allard keeps getting that he is unable to convert? Bryce may have scored two goals last night, but by my count Allard had more expected goals and ended up with none.
we talk about it all of the time. I mentioned last night that I feel like he hasn’t been using his speed enough to his advantage. He’s gotta be the fastest player in the league.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
As a Knights fan I do think your hounds pose way more problems for us, but I also do see you guys taking this series. You have the momentum and I think you’ve rattled the Spirit quite a bit. These next 2 or 3 games will be exciting and great hockey!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Has Raftis commented about our draft? Usually there is an article out about it by now, or did I just miss it?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Parekh is in, however saginaw still has one more to scratch after warmies. Lalonde starting.

Fantino scratched.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Series definitely not after tonight but it ain't going to hurt teams chances going back to SSM for game 6 with 2 shots to move.
Hoping to get home in time to check it out.
Are the CHL streams from Saggy decent?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
No different than game 4. Listed an extra skater for warmups, then late scratched one.

In fact, there was a delay a minute into the game because of it, according to Brad's live blog
Soem confusion as to who the final scratch is for Saginaw......The officials are saying it's P.J. Forgione, but he's on the bench and Zzyne Parekh appears to be out

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Biggest game of the series is tonight. If you guys win, you have the chance to close out on home ice in game 6. If Saginaw wins, they prob end it in 7 on their home ice.

I like both teams here watching but id love for you guys to take out London and win the O lol. I think if you play London you guys will win- you have their number. I have mem cup tickets and seeing you guys versus Saginaw as a rematch from this series would be awesome.

Allard has only averaged half a point per game since world juniors (17 points in 34 games). I am expecting him back, which I never would have said at Christmas.
Reduced role since you guys brought in a couple guys?

I know he was a very good defensive forward before I assume that hasn’t changed.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Reduced role since you guys brought in a couple guys?

I know he was a very good defensive forward before I assume that hasn’t changed.
Very good defensively still.

Offensively his linemates actually improved post deadline. Beck and Mignosa are not too shabby. He has been full time 2nd line centre all year.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Please share since you got the scoop. Making the claims you have in public....one should take ownership or don't post it. JMO.
That's against forum rules, but I have shared with a couple of people that aren't being jerks about it via PM. He's in the lineup. I was also correct about the McConnell Barker hit that everyone freaked out about. It's local hockey, people know things sometimes. It's not a regular thing I do, just trying to share when I get a chance. I appreciate it when people do the same at deadline time, since I know absolutely nothing about that stuff.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
That's against forum rules, but I have shared with a couple of people that aren't being jerks about it via PM. He's in the lineup. I was also correct about the McConnell Barker hit that everyone freaked out about. It's local hockey, people know things sometimes. It's not a regular thing I do, just trying to share when I get a chance. I appreciate it when people do the same at deadline time, since I know absolutely nothing about that stuff.

You keep saying that, but Oke was/still is in concussion protocol per his own mother. It was on the Saginaw fan Facebook group. Saginaws media reported Parekh out with illness last game.

So either an opposing fan somehow has intel that a players own mother doesn’t have or the team media person. Or they are full of shit

Or there’s a massive conspiracy to lie about both and only one person has the scoop

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Posting speculation on teenagers, organizations should also be against rules. And if verified I think ya can post it but the way. If it's deemed credible you can, wonder why you do t take tgat route n educate us all with your wisdom. You seem to get offended if any1 challenges your thoughts n posts and here is a great op to show everyone but alas false rules are the readon. Hhmmmm.
And I'm pretty sure you said no injury, not ill? By the rules that should also be vetted by admin to verify. ( I'll own it of you didn't suggest that and I'm wrong....will you do the same when your wrong?)
It's no secret who you are and your history. It's public, but hey you be you.
Good on you ya got one right lol. Throw enough datrts.......
And all the times you have publicly ranted n slandered the league, the refs, other teams organizations???? All probly true in your world and should be against the rules.
Keep on bashing away. The fact your local, did media and most SSM posters have publicly posted their opinions on ypu says alot.

Any interest in getting back into media or was that bridge burned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad