SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Thanks, going off memory so thanks for clarifying. It is the only similar one I could think of.
The closest comparison I can find is Marty McSorely on Donald Brashear a long time ago in the NHL. Same type of swing to the same part of the head.

Chris Coutu

Mar 27, 2019
Kitchener
There is no way he gets away with no suspension on that. Especially with the league already admitting to missed calls in game 5 against the Spirit.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
i didn't think suggesting the guy who got his bell rung needs re-education was silly so much as it was stupid and beneath the conversation but that's just me!
It was just as silly as suggesting the player committing the infraction should be out just as long as the injured player

Reactions: dirty12

Otto

i don't think Sawyer Boulton should have been on the ice until McConnell-Barker was able to return (and probably not even after) and i don't feel silly in the least saying it.
Ok, but what if the roles were reversed? As I said previously, what's to stop any team from saying their 4th liner is going to be out for a month? You'd be OK with your Star player sitting out that month?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
i saw someone else comment this the other day but it's true...

"but did you see what she was wearing?"

not sure if you're trolling or if victim blaming is your schtick but... ooof!
Dude you are way off topic.
We are at odds over disciplinary action for a pick play and whether or not there is shared responsibility for the injury.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Ok, but what if the roles were reversed? As I said previously, what's to stop any team from saying their 4th liner is going to be out for a month? You'd be OK with your Star player sitting out that month?

interesting hypothetical, but could be hypothetically interpreted as fraud.

Dude you are way off topic.

I'm right on topic. Soo greyhounds, injuries, and suspensions etc.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
How are you going to prove it though? And also, what if a situation like Guo happens and the player isn't hurt? No suspension then?
Is this where I suggest you take it to DM Otto? Asking for a friend ;)
All good here but I thinking I read that advice somewhere recently. ( and it was good advice )

I agree with the penalties/suspensions should not be based on length of injury but rather perceived intent and action ( which on a judgement call will always lead us back to the circular arguements, esp with this league lol) Two players get called on boarding with exact intent and action could have hugely different outcomes for the player cheap shotted.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well, you did what you had to do Soo (isn’t that a crafty rhyme). Game seven on the road, the way this series has gone. I’d say flip a coin. The pressure is on them Good luck.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
How are you going to prove it though? And also, what if a situation like Guo happens and the player isn't hurt? No suspension then?

faking a concussion after a headshot or any other serious injury is quite easy to prove/disprove. what srr yih talking about?

and no, Guo deserves a suspension and will receive one, probably about 5 games.

for arguments sake, had he collapsed Hayes trachea, I'd assume that his suspension would be longer, (and could be facing charges off the ice).

Reactions: bobber

Otto

faking a concussion after a headshot or any other serious injury is quite easy to prove/disprove. what srr yih talking about?

for arguments sake, had he collapsed Hayes trachea, I'd assume that his suspension would be longer, (and could be facing charges off the ice).
You didn't answer my question. How are you going to prove it? Say the incident happens on a Friday? You going to send a league mandated doctor to investigate? Good luck.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Conkys can be tough as symptoms can vary greatly. Even for those that get the premium medical access.
Yes Guo def. should be out a handful or more games based on the video I saw posted somewhere here. Definitely a brain cramp moment. Hopefully the other player is ok.
And what if ya get the LVK.TBL doctors, they can seemingly play the game ;) Or its just a huge coincidence the stars align and long term injuries magically go away once the POs starts. Bad look for cap circumvention. I know that's not exactly tky the same but it is doc's okay ing it.
Basing the length of a suspension on injuries leaves too much wiggle room fircteams to play a game.
And what if a team doc and league doc disagree? Another huge can of worms.
But yes I think theckeague needs more consistency in applying justice.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I'm just going to throw this out there, I don't think the Hounds have been outplayed to this point in the series.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I'm just going to throw this out there, I don't think the Hounds have been outplayed to this point in the series.

Not seeing a game this series.........seems even up ;)
(I get what your saying lol and a coupke others I talked to leaned towards SSM carrying play more often but it's a results oriented game)
Results wise it's been back n forth. SSM just has to find a way to win a couple in a row. Saginaw doesn't.
I'd lean SSM based on reg season n alleged injuries but I wouldn't make a bet.
Enjoy the game. Both sides fans will be on pins n needles ( hopefully for an entire game 7 that goes down to the wire )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad