SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
IMG_5650.jpeg

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
I may have to watch with no sound. These Guelph play by play are atrocious. Any annoying voices lol.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Guelph homer announcers already getting on my nerves. Alternate reality level stuff.

Hounds not very good so far imo. They've had some chances in transition but no sustained pressure, no traffic, and Gillespie isn't giving up any rebounds. Down 2-0 to an anemic Guelph roster. Wake TF up!

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I may have to watch with no sound. These Guelph play by play are atrocious. Any annoying voices lol.
"The worst penalty I have ever seen"

He actually said that about the head check at the end of the third. I agree that it probably shouldn't be called at that juncture, but to say that about a 50/50 call is a bit too much hyperbole.

So does Miller get the next start? I think you have to roll with him after a putrid .840 SV% in the first 3 games.

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Schenkel 100% gets the start. Nice to have Miller rolling though waiting in the wings.
I respect your opinion, but what are you basing that opinion on? I need something better than 'he's our starter'.

Is it his poor regular season performance, his poor postseason performance, or his lack of postseason experience?

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
"The worst penalty I have ever seen"

He actually said that about the head check at the end of the third. I agree that it probably shouldn't be called at that juncture, but to say that about a 50/50 call is a bit too much hyperbole.

So does Miller get the next start? I think you have to roll with him after a putrid .840 SV% in the first 3 games.
As a Ranger fan, I must point out the hypocrisy in your "50/50" call. That's 98/2 not a penalty.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I respect your opinion, but what are you basing that opinion on? I need something better than 'he's our starter'.
He's our starter.

I'm sure in the postgame you won't hear Dean place any blame on Schenkel. The goalie change was to kick start the skaters. Brilliant move as it turns out.

My money is on Schenkel starting game 4.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
You gotta go with Charlie in game 4. Let the man cap the series off.

Millers confidence is out the roof though..great to have in the back pocket

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
He's our starter.

I'm sure in the postgame you won't hear Dean place any blame on Schenkel. The goalie change was to kick start the skaters. Brilliant move as it turns out.

My money is on Schenkel starting game 4.
I guess I should rephrase the question. What has he done to show that he deserves to be the starter? He's never performed well in a Greyhounds uniform, even with an excellent defense this season.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
As a Ranger fan, I must point out the hypocrisy in your "50/50" call. That's 98/2 not a penalty.

We can all assign different numbers to it, but I did say it wasn't the right call in that situation.

That being said, I get where the refs are coming from. You see contact to the head and the helmet flies off, it probably looks pretty bad on the ice.

The worst call of the game was the high stick on Virgilio, like 10 seconds after it happened due to embellishment from the Guelph player. That led to the Paquette goal. Overall though, the Hounds got away with some stuff in the third and the officiating favoured us a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad