Spurgeon vs Petry

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
All things considered? They both have similar production. Petry also a little bigger and a few more elements to his game. Spurgeon a couple of years younger, which is pretty important at this stage of their career. Pretty close, but probably Petry.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Petry is one of the most underrated players out there. He gets pumped up by Montreal fans, and he's still somehow underrated. The guy does it all and is a legit #1 defenceman, full stop. I picked him.

That said, this is pretty close. Spurgeon is somehow a minute eater on a team packed with defenders. I don't mean an insult to him by picking Petry.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Petry is really good and more noticeable, but I think Spurgeon is quietly the more effective overall defensemen. I've always been a fan of his game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Petry is WAY bigger. Every time I see him I am amazed at how he seems to get better as he gets older, sort of like Markov. Definitely underrated. Having said that, Spurgeon is also a terrific player, and a personal favorite. Tiny, but superb defensively. Better, IMO, than Petry. Petry probably has the edge on him offensively, but Spurgeon is no slouch either. Spurge has an uncanny ability to raise his game in big moments, and make clutch plays at both ends of the rink.

I pick Spurgeon for my team, but no disrespect to Petry. Spurgeon is a couple of years younger. They both have similar career stats, but petry had a slow start in EDM. IMO, he has become a new player in MTL once he got his confidence back.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Imagine the oilers with Hall instead of Larsson, Matthew tkachuk instead of poolparty, Petry instead of nothing, and Marino instead of nothing

this is petry

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Imagine the oilers with Hall instead of Larsson, Matthew tkachuk instead of poolparty, Petry instead of nothing, and Marino instead of nothing

this is petry
Imagine the Leafs with Aho instead if Dermott, Theodore instead of Gauthier, Rask instead of every Leafs goalie in recent memory.

If only, eh.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
All things considered, who would you rather have?
As a guest in my house? In my bed? Playing rec hockey for my team?

I'll take Petry. He's got pretty eyes. I think he's also more likely to do the dishes after dinner. I mean... Petry. Dish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad