Confirmed with Link: Sprong sent back

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

Guess JR just gave up.

A shame. I still think Sprong would've been a good player for us, growing pains and all, and he'd have learned a Hell of a lot more playing 3rd line minutes on a nightly basis than he would in the Q.

It's for the best if the coaching staff just simply won't play him. Not exactly a fantastic environment for him to be in.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I hope he tears it up back in the Q. And I hope that he somehow finds his way onto LW so he can learn and adapt his game accordingly. That'd be ****ing huge for his chances to join this team full time next season.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Again, this just shows you this management/ownership has no clue. If they still think, they are going to make the playoffs, they are out of their effing minds. Hope, there is none.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Long live Kevin Porter!

What's more embarrassing for JR:

1. Mismanaging the cap so bad last year they had to play with 5 D multiple games during a playoff run?
2. Mishandling Sprong

I won't even mention the Despres trade. What a joke

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
A complete cluster****. Hopefully his confidence isn't damaged irreparably.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Kid was 100% jacked around. I think it's a damn shame how they treated him his first year in the NHL. To be honest, that's absolutely not the way to introduce the kid to the organization.

Glad he got sent back. Let him play in the QMJHL. Hope he tears it up.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
He is probably secretly hoping to be included in a trade. Anything to get away from this clown show.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Wow. One of the few bright spots. Looks like we plan on tanking.

I'd argue the opposite, sadly. "He was too inconsistent and not defensively responsible. We were looking for more of a Pascal Dupuis-type of game. Now we're gonna have to spend assets looking for that player because we're SO CLOSE to a Cup!" :laugh: :cry:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
This is not good. As long as Sprong was here, it gave me some hope that Rutherford had at least one eye on the future. Without him, oh boy I shudder to think what we have in store now. I think they're going to go all in (again)! :shakehead

The more I think about it, the more I think Rutherford and co. wanted to 'see what Sprong does' because they wanted to build trade value.

Oh well, let's just root for this team to lose every frickin' game now.

I also have a feeling we won't see Sprong back in the NHL for a while. Next season, the Q and then at least one season in the A.

This is such a poor decision. He's WAY better than Kevin Porter. With Bennett out long term, he COULD have seen decent minutes now.

I'm pissed off.
:rant:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Why cant management just embrace the fact that we are not going anywhere this year.

Play Murray. Play Sprong in the top 9, het Pouliot up.
At least they will get experience for next season. Now we wont play youth or win anything. Great....

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Rutherford on Sprong: "This time in the NHL has been a good development experience, but it's important for him to have more playing time."

Take off your conspiracy caps, the logical assumption is the correct one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad