Blue Jays Discussion: Spring Training v2.0 - Same great taste, now with less Bruce/Bautista drama!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I don't know why, but Tulo's dingers never seem to have that crack of the bat sound like JD/Bau/EE's.

I just want to see a belt high, inside fastball get tanked to left.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Norris' velo seems to come and go constantly. As does his command. I fear even if he stays healthy he'll be a frustratingly inconsistent tease of a pitcher.

Hoffman had a rough spring too, and his lack of depth in his arsenal and middling command may limit his ceiling quite a bit.

They both might turn out great but I still think there's a decent chance that AA sold them at peak value.

p.s. our lineup is thunderously awesome

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Norris' velo seems to come and go constantly. As does his command. I fear even if he stays healthy he'll be a frustratingly inconsistent tease of a pitcher.

Hoffman had a rough spring too, and his lack of depth in his arsenal and middling command may limit his ceiling quite a bit.

They both might turn out great but I still think there's a decent chance that AA sold them at peak value.

p.s. our lineup is thunderously awesome

Norris' issues come from a lack of repeatability in his delivery. When I saw him up close when he was with the Fisher Cats, it was all footwork. He's what my coaches used to call "busy", meaning his feet rarely stop\end in the same spot from delivery to delivery. Thus the wild swings in velocity, command, as well as lower back soreness. Last spring training, he looked like a duck swimming (calm in upper body, feet churning a mile a minute).

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
ya his last couple starts for us last year scared the heck out of me. his body was all over the place, and it looked like his release point ended up moving around 6+ inches with each pitch, and he was falling off the mound midpitch. when that kid gets out of whack he really gets out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad