Blue Jays Discussion: Spring Training is over. The season begins today

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Solid lineup

Of note, Roden is starting in AA which is a surprise to me.

Makes sense. He only played 47 games there and with how stacked Buffalo is they can’t even get Barger at RF or Palmegianni at 3B without sacrificing the development of other depth guys (Eden, Lantigua, Lukes + Berroa and Robertson on the bench).

Reactions: canucksfan

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
After an exhausting day yesterday I only just caught up on yesterdays game and the organizational moves. Solid start. Good to see some power. Berrios pitched really well. Surprised they DFA'd Zulueta but I don't think there was an easy choice.

Ricky with a short start in Buffalo today. 65 pitches to get through 2.2 IP. 3 K, 2 BB, 3 hits, 1 run off a HR. The bullpen then immediately imploded giving up 10 runs in the 2 innings after Ricky came out of the game.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
After an exhausting day yesterday I only just caught up on yesterdays game and the organizational moves. Solid start. Good to see some power. Berrios pitched really well. Surprised they DFA'd Zulueta but I don't think there was an easy choice.

Ricky with a short start in Buffalo today. 65 pitches to get through 2.2 IP. 3 K, 2 BB, 3 hits, 1 run off a HR. The bullpen then immediately imploded giving up 10 runs in the 2 innings after Ricky came out of the game.
Barger and Horwitz had good games. Pitchers likely struggled with the very cold weather.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Belt was on the radio this morning and said that he wants to play and he's not picky, but he hasn't received any phone calls.

I don't understand why we don't just sign the guy for around league min instead of wasting time with inferior options in Votto and Voglebach.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I’m gonna be sick.

Berrios is great. I'm not sure what the problem is. Martin seemingly can't play CF, can't play short, and he's got no power. He looks like he could be a useful contact guy who plays like 2B/3B/LF but that's not nearly equal in value to a legit front-of-the-rotation starter.

EDIT: NM, I didn't realize it was just a fantasy issue.

Reactions: kb

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Also how lame is it that they don’t even have enough fans in Tampa to open the 500 level in that stadium?

Tampa is a joke of a baseball city. You want to move teams, move them!
Their tv ratings are huge though apparently. Park is just in a brutal spot from my understanding.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Belt was on the radio this morning and said that he wants to play and he's not picky, but he hasn't received any phone calls.

I don't understand why we don't just sign the guy for around league min instead of wasting time with inferior options in Votto and Voglebach.
You’re making a hell of an assumption on what he’d accept for a contract

Reactions: Eyedea

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
You’re making a hell of an assumption on what he’d accept for a contract

You can listen to the interview - it was a good one, on the JD Bunkis show Thursday or Friday. He's not holding out for money.

I'll wager you that when he does sign, it'll be around Voglebach money (1yr, $2m).

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
You can listen to the interview - it was a good one, on the JD Bunkis show Thursday or Friday. He's not holding out for money.

I'll wager you that when he does sign, it'll be around Voglebach money (1yr, $2m).
Who cares, the seasons fortunes of any team don’t hinge on Brendan Belt

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Who cares, the seasons fortunes of any team don’t hinge on Brendan Belt

Season fortunes of any team rarely hinge on any single player. It is the accumulation of bad choices that leads to bad results, and Atkins has been particularly adept at accumulating bad choices the past year.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Wouldn’t mind taking a flier on him as Kirk’s backup with Jansen being a free agent. But know it isn’t happening because we don’t have room. Unless he clears and get him for AAA.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad