Blue Jays Discussion: Spring training complete, roster finalized. Season opener: Mar 31, Home opener: Apr 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
No one :laugh:'s when I do that :(

I haven't been able to catch any games Bartolo has pitched yet... Really want to see him hit in the NL though.

I think it would be absolutely hilarious. It's players like Colon that give baseball a bad rep. Plays perfectly into the whole "Non-athlete beer gut ball players" stereotype that non-fans love
to use against the game :laugh:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
So Brandon Morrow is pitching tonight. If this guy has another bad outing how much of a leash does he have and who could we replace him? I am most concerned with Morrow to be honest, I really hope he can figure it out soon

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
So Brandon Morrow is pitching tonight. If this guy has another bad outing how much of a leash does he have and who could we replace him? I am most concerned with Morrow to be honest, I really hope he can figure it out soon

A very long one.

He looked good in Montreal, and his stuff looked fine in Tampa. Remember, the Rays have what used to be his personal catcher (who knows him better than some of his current coaches) in their clubhouse. They have a good blueprint on how to attack him. I'm confident he'll look just fine tonight.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
MLB ‏@MLB 5h
Happy #RBI14 day! @RBIGAME debuts today!

BkxZgblCEAEew2p.jpg

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Skipping the PS4 since the only game I really play is World Cup, and since I don't really have the time to get into The Show again I'll probably grab this

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
MVP Baseball 2005 was maybe the best sports game of all time.

Although I have a ps4 I still have my copy and until this year I fired it up every once and a while. I remember absolutely killing it with Jim Dowd aka Barry Bonds :laugh:

The right-handed hitter, who was also Caucasian lol. So many hours....

(sigh)...summer days.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
MVP Baseball 2005 was maybe the best sports game of all time.

Although I have a ps4 I still have my copy and until this year I fired it up every once and a while. I remember absolutely killing it with Jim Dowd aka Barry Bonds :laugh:

dowd_display_image.jpg

They made him a righty and Caucasian. :laugh:

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I am not concerned about Colby because he is streaky and a slow starter.

Lawrie has not looked good at all. In his first year he was great. Got worse his next year and besides that nice hot streak last year he was pretty bad at the plate. This year obviously he is beyond suck but he will improve. He doesn't seem to be hitting the ball hard and either grounds out or gets a lazy fly ball.

I can't stand his swing or approach. As streaky as Raz and Lind are they have beautiful swings at least

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Rajai with a brainfart in left essentially giftwrapped the win for LA last night. That's what happens when he's an everyday player.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Loved World Series II for the Sega Saturn. It's still hooked up in my bedroom and I play it quite often.

It was the early days of games that featured stat tracking, etc - so it's not deep, especially by today's standards, but it was easily the most playable game. The controls were silky smooth and easy to adapt to. Myself and my brothers used to have some epic battles with that game.

It came out in 1995. I remember the Jays rotation was Erik Hanson, Juan Guzman, Pat Hentgen and Paul Quantrill - yep, for whatever reason it had a four-man rotation. It was also the first game I remember that included the option to send players to and call players up from the minors.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Rajai with a brainfart in left essentially giftwrapped the win for LA last night. That's what happens when he's an everyday player.

I can say for certain that the Jays D has improved a ton this season and we're seeing some benefits of great plays already

One example is EE making that diving stab at first base with runners and second and third when Loup got into trouble last night, that saved a run and it being a tie game

Cecil's heads up play to get the out at home in the 8th was big too, JPA probably would have botched that throw ;)

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
I think what has finally gotten through the heads of these players is that they cannot any longer just rely on straight talent. They need to work their ass off if they want to avoid the same sort of finish as last year.

EE diving for balls is the clearest example of this, and as a fan I am proud.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
ph881BX.jpg

Easily the best :sarcasm:

Not the same year, but one of the best reviews ever :laugh:

My history of baseball video games is fairly sparse. The first game I ever had was The Majors Pro Baseball for the Sega Game Gear. It was the series that became Sega's World Series Baseball, but this was before the MLB license so it was real players on city-only teams.

After that I really didn't get back to baseball games before All-Star Baseball 99-2001 on the N64. I owned the 2000 edition. With the 3D "Shapable" batting cursor it was a lot of fun to fire off hits all over the field on command, though it was easy enough to hit HRs every AB if you really wanted to. I also remember how strangely easy it was to injure pitchers in that game. I almost always tried to get Kevin Appier on my team because he was amazing in that game for some reason and almost every year within 5 starts he would end up breaking his arm and being done for the year. And it wasn't like I was over-using him. Still, he was an absolute machine in that game, to the point where I could strike out 15-20 guys a game on average.

After that I played a few crappy PS1 baseball games until I picked up MVP 05 for hte PC off the clearance shelf of a London Drugs for like $10. played the hell out of that for 5 years, modding it extensively with the MVP mod community's excellent batch of mods (improved textures, fixed and accurate stadiums, updated rosters and ratings, fresh prospects, proper in-game portraits, even changing the scoring overlay to look accurate to real life TV broadcasts. Since then the mod community died down somewhat and that pushed me to pick up The Show in 09 and I've been with that series since. I haven't bought this year's edition yet because I just haven't had time to play many games lately. Will likely get it in the next month or so. PS3 version though because I'm not bothering to buy a PS4 yet. Not until I clear out my backlog and there are more than enough games I want to play.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
While the offense hasn't completely gotten things going thus far. It's nice to see the defense and pitching keeping things within reach. 3 of the 7 games have seen 6-7 runs each. The other 4 games, 4 runs against COMBINED.

That said, now that I've released this information, get ready to be pounded 12-4 against the Stros tonight.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

Not the same year, but one of the best reviews ever :laugh:

My history of baseball video games is fairly sparse. The first game I ever had was The Majors Pro Baseball for the Sega Game Gear. It was the series that became Sega's World Series Baseball, but this was before the MLB license so it was real players on city-only teams.

After that I really didn't get back to baseball games before All-Star Baseball 99-2001 on the N64. I owned the 2000 edition. With the 3D "Shapable" batting cursor it was a lot of fun to fire off hits all over the field on command, though it was easy enough to hit HRs every AB if you really wanted to. I also remember how strangely easy it was to injure pitchers in that game. I almost always tried to get Kevin Appier on my team because he was amazing in that game for some reason and almost every year within 5 starts he would end up breaking his arm and being done for the year. And it wasn't like I was over-using him. Still, he was an absolute machine in that game, to the point where I could strike out 15-20 guys a game on average.

After that I played a few crappy PS1 baseball games until I picked up MVP 05 for hte PC off the clearance shelf of a London Drugs for like $10. played the hell out of that for 5 years, modding it extensively with the MVP mod community's excellent batch of mods (improved textures, fixed and accurate stadiums, updated rosters and ratings, fresh prospects, proper in-game portraits, even changing the scoring overlay to look accurate to real life TV broadcasts. Since then the mod community died down somewhat and that pushed me to pick up The Show in 09 and I've been with that series since. I haven't bought this year's edition yet because I just haven't had time to play many games lately. Will likely get it in the next month or so. PS3 version though because I'm not bothering to buy a PS4 yet. Not until I clear out my backlog and there are more than enough games I want to play.

Oh High Heat Baseball takes me back, I am going to install that on my computer when I get home lol. I am one of those weirdo's who likes to play the baseball games more so for the team management rather then actually playing the games (although I do like that too). Looking forward to Out of the Park 15 in a week!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
That bottom third of the line up could be a black hole of offense unless they can get their **** together... back to back slumping hitters and Goins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad