Spring 2015 Prospect Poll: #6

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect critera are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED
G: Jonas Johansson, Jason Kasdorf, Nathan Lieuwen, Andrey Makarov

D: Mark Adams, Brady Austin, Anthony Florentino, Jerome Leduc, Chad Ruhwedel

F: Chris Brown, Dan Catenacci, Eric Cornel, Jerry D’Amigo, Jean Dupuy, Christian Isackson, Colin Jacobs, Vaclav Karabacek, Justin Kea, Sean Malone, Brad Navin, Jack Nevins, Victor Olofsson, Judd Peterson, Gustav Possler, Jordan Samuels-Thomas, Kevin Sundher, Phil Varone, Maxwell Willman

Spring '15 List
1. Sam Reinhart, C - 113 of 115 votes (98.26%); runner up Mikhail Grigorenko (2 votes)
2. Nikita Zadorov, D - 98 of 119 votes (82.35%); runner up Mikhail Grigorenko (18 votes)
3. Mikhail Grigorenko, C - 90 of 104 votes (86.54%); runner up Jake McCabe (6 votes)
4. Jake McCabe, D - 69 of 101 votes (68.32%); runner up Hudson Fasching (15 votes)
5. Hudson Fasching, RW - 53 of 107 votes (49.53%); runner up Nicholas Baptiste (22 votes)

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Gets tough here, IMO. Bailey has the most upside, but Baptiste and Compher are more projectable and have a higher floor than Bailey. I also think that what Carrier has done the last two months in the AHL has been pretty impressive for a guy who would've had to go back to junior if he was 11 days younger. I went Baptiste because I think he's the best combo of upside and projectability.

The add was also tough. Possler has more upside, but Malone is going to make the league, I think. I'll go Possler.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Baptiste will win I'm sure. I'm torn between him and Larsson. Think I'll go with Johan. He's obviously much more proven. Glue guys like him are hard to find.

Add Malone.

ZemgusWho

Jun 19, 2007
Denver
wow- I think it's way closer than the poll is giving credit to at this point. I think you could make an argument for any of 5 guys right now.

Compher by a hair.
Ruhwedel's gotta get added. IMHO he's above several guys in the current list.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Larsson, Baptise, Compher, and Bailey are all very close for me. I voted Larsson, because he made it through the AHL without doing anything to show he's off track on his development. Only thing he's shown to be missing so far is transitioning his offensive production to the NHL level - I think it'll come. Baptism and Compher could easily run into the same problems, and they haven't even shown they can transition their game to the AHL yet. Bailey? I probably list him last just because I'm still not 100% sold on him as a scoring-line player, and if he doesn't hit that he's probably a dud.

All that said, next year will be super fun in Bailey, Baptise and maybe Compher and Fasting making the jump.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
wow- I think it's way closer than the poll is giving credit to at this point. I think you could make an argument for any of 5 guys right now.

Compher by a hair.
Ruhwedel's gotta get added. IMHO he's above several guys in the current list.

I agree, it's a closer than the poll suggests for me. I picked Baptiste because of the combination of upside and skill. But you could just as easily make a case for Larsson, Bailey, Compher, etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad