Spring 2015 Prospect Poll: #5

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Can we do a 50% requirement for this round of polling? Run-offs of everyone over 30% if no one gets majority. I'm particularly interested in doing this because of the goalies

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Hopefully I'll be voting for Larsson for far fewer consecutive rounds than in the summer

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Larsson for me. We know his fancy stats at this level are good. The production will come.

Curious why people have Baptiste above Larsson. To me they project similarly but Larsson is much further along in his development.

Add Florentino.

I don't think they project similar. Maybe in offensive output, but Baptiste is a very strong defensive player (which Larrson also is), plays a tough physical game (will probably be 4 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier), and has great leadership skills. He obviously is more raw at this point, but it is those other areas which he has the ability to overtake Larsson.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Larsson for me. We know his fancy stats at this level are good. The production will come.

Curious why people have Baptiste above Larsson. To me they project similarly but Larsson is much further along in his development.

Add Florentino.

I struggle to see Larsson ever being more than a good 3rd liner. Baptiste is farther out/less of a sure bet, but I definitely see more upside there. His speed and goal-scoring instincts could make for a nice top 6 winger.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I struggle to see Larsson ever being more than a good 3rd liner. Baptiste is farther out/less of a sure bet, but I definitely see more upside there. His speed and goal-scoring instincts could make for a nice top 6 winger.

But you see him as an NHLer?

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
The older prospects who aren't much of prospects anymore.

My two considerations are current level of play and projected ceiling. I tend to give more favor to the guys who've already proven their worth at a higher level. For example, I really like Baptiste as a prospect (Fasching too) and both could very well be better players than Larsson. But Larsson is much closer to being NHL ready. That's a bigger factor for me than ceiling, probably because I tend to be more conservative when it comes to predicting NHL success. I'm certainly not saying that either Baptiste or Fasching will top out as AHLers; today, I'm just more comfortable putting Larsson on our future roster. Personal preference, bird in the hand, etc...

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Fasching. Add Hurley. After Hurley, I'll add Possler, but I'm tempted to take Malone. Kid seems like he's a projectable bottom-6 player. I've been surprised by his numbers this year (16 pts in 15 games for Harvard, coming off an injury), as he has by far the best PPG among 19-year-olds on his team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad