Spring 2015 Prospect Poll: #4

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
McCabe. That being said, surprised this is so lopsided so far. I expected this to have lots of votes for our RW prospects (Bailey, Fasching and Baptiste).

Add Timmy Schaller.

I'm not so shocked really. I think the top 4 is generally pretty well agree upon.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that 5 might not be as close as expected (I think it's going to be Fasching pretty clearly).

After that is where "chaos" will reign, I think.

ZeroPT*

The sooner people stop including Fasching with Bailey and Baptiste the better. He's a tier above.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
The sooner people stop including Fasching with Bailey and Baptiste the better. He's a tier above.

While I think Fasching is the better of those prospects, the disparity isn't all that big to me. I don't think they're in completely different "tiers"

ZeroPT*

Fasching is a stud. He's in the Pysyk/McCabe level. Baotiste,Bailey, Compher and Carrier form the next group.

For me at least

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Fasching is a stud. He's in the Pysyk/McCabe level. Baotiste,Bailey, Compher and Carrier form the next group.

For me at least

That's a little different than saying "The sooner people stop lumping them all together the better".

ZeroPT*

That's a little different than saying "The sooner people stop lumping them all together the better".

Its the same. They're not in the same group.

Fasching playing against guys his own age was great two years in a row and has produced considerably well vs men.

To lump the 3 together at this point is wrong. Fasching is better and its evident.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Its the same. They're not in the same group.

Fasching playing against guys his own age was great two years in a row and has produced considerably well vs men.

To lump the 3 together at this point is wrong. Fasching is better and its evident.

Fasching is a good prospect. Bailey is a good prospect. Baptiste is a good prospect.

Fasching is huge with good skills.

Bailey is strong with good speed and skills.

Baptiste is strong with very good speed and skills.

They're all in the same area .. it's fine you think Fasching is the better prospect. To dismiss others opinion because you say he's in a different "tier" is over the top.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA

I don't see how you can say that so confidently. All 3 have shown the potential to be really excellent, and all 3 still have a lot of question marks. Fasching is playing against tougher competition, but his numbers reflect that. If he was putting up similar numbers as Bailey and Bap against college competition , then I'd agree with you. Also, statistically, at least,Fasching has not shown improvement since last year, while Bailey has improved immensely.

Admittedly, I've not had the opportunity to see many games from any of them.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If he was putting up similar numbers as Bailey and Bap against college competition , then I'd agree with you.

If you're looking strictly at stats, if Fasching was putting up similar numbers to Bailey/Baptiste in the NCAAs, that's "top 10 prospect in the league" numbers (Larkin has a 1.4 PPG while Bailey and Bap are at 1.2). :laugh:

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
If you're looking strictly at stats, if Fasching was putting up similar numbers to Bailey/Baptiste in the NCAAs, that's "top 10 prospect in the league" numbers (Larkin has a 1.4 PPG while Bailey and Bap are at 1.2). :laugh:

I'm not looking strictly at stats. I'm making the point that it's really difficult to compare apples and oranges. On the one hand, you have Fasching, who plays a very physical game against older competition, but is not tearing up the score sheet. On the other hand, you have Baptiste and Bailey, who are tearing up the score sheet against younger, smaller competition.

The comparison is extremely difficult because (a) they are in different leagues, and (b) you are trying to compare players with different attributes. My earlier point was that if Fasching were scoring at a comparable pace to Bailey and Baptiste, then we could say with complete confidence that he is a "tier above" them. But since that is not the case, it is impossible to make that statement with confidence. It's just a preference or gut feeling about which is better. My critique was not about preferring Fasching, it was about stating categorically that he is a cut above Bailey and Baptiste, when there is no objective way to reach that conclusion.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Fasching is a good prospect. Bailey is a good prospect. Baptiste is a good prospect.

Fasching is huge with good skills.

Bailey is strong with good speed and skills.

Baptiste is strong with very good speed and skills.

They're all in the same area .. it's fine you think Fasching is the better prospect. To dismiss others opinion because you say he's in a different "tier" is over the top.

Since you actually put out some thoughts... I wouldn't call Fasching huge, more along the lines of above average but uses the size he has extremely well. He has experience playing against older competition for two years now. I don't think he will ever be a huge point producer so it's not surprising he hasn't made a big jump in production this year. Most games I have seen of him he looked better in his positioning and developing his possession game.

Baptiste and Bailey both have good skills, size and speed, but to me they both have much higher bust factors than Fasching and at best the same ceiling. I think its possible that the B's could both become better scorers if everything went perfect in their development. But I doubt they become as complete as Fasching.

To me there is a distinct difference between Fasching and McCabe vs Bailey and Baptiste.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad