Spring 2015 Prospect Poll: #4

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Since you actually put out some thoughts... I wouldn't call Fasching huge, more along the lines of above average but uses the size he has extremely well. He has experience playing against older competition for two years now. I don't think he will ever be a huge point producer so it's not surprising he hasn't made a big jump in production this year. Most games I have seen of him he looked better in his positioning and developing his possession game.

Baptiste and Bailey both have good skills, size and speed, but to me they both have much higher bust factors than Fasching and at best the same ceiling. I think its possible that the B's could both become better scorers if everything went perfect in their development. But I doubt they become as complete as Fasching.

To me there is a distinct difference between Fasching and McCabe vs Bailey and Baptiste.

Seems you take "safe" as a pretty big factor in your determination. That's fair.

I feel both Bailey and Baptiste could bottom out as bottom 6 players .. but also have the potential to absolutely explode because of their athleticism mixed with their skill. I remember Murray talking about Baptiste and how he has rounded out his game where he is no longer just an offensive player.

Myself I put McCabe above all 3 of them without any doubt ... and have found myself debating about these 3 for awhile. I have Baptiste over Fasching as of now.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Bailey for me, he's jumped up huge on my list and think he will be a mainstay top 6 piece.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Its the same. They're not in the same group.

Fasching playing against guys his own age was great two years in a row and has produced considerably well vs men.

To lump the 3 together at this point is wrong. Fasching is better and its evident.

You can also say that Bailey and Baptiste are playing in the best league in the world at producing top flight NHL talent. Being one of the best in the best league at producing NHL players says a lot.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
McCabe, add Cornel.

Not sure I get the Schaller hype. I think he'll be a solid 4th liner for us, but he's already 24 years old and doesn't have much upside at all.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
You can also say that Bailey and Baptiste are playing in the best league in the world at producing top flight NHL talent. Being one of the best in the best league at producing NHL players says a lot.

There's a difference between it being the best at producing NHL players and that making performances in that league more impressive. They're just two completely different things. It's also arguable that it's the best at producing NHLers because that is subjective. The NCAA produces 1/3rd of NHL players. Which league does a better job at turning the possible future NHLers that come into the league into actual NHLers? Pretty hard to say.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Seems you take "safe" as a pretty big factor in your determination. That's fair.

I feel both Bailey and Baptiste could bottom out as bottom 6 players .. but also have the potential to absolutely explode because of their athleticism mixed with their skill. I remember Murray talking about Baptiste and how he has rounded out his game where he is no longer just an offensive player.

Myself I put McCabe above all 3 of them without any doubt ... and have found myself debating about these 3 for awhile. I have Baptiste over Fasching as of now.

I'm not sure how you think of the term "safe", but I think of Fasching as safe because he plays an nhl game. He is more predictable to be a good nhler with the ability to support star players as a Kunitz type. Bailey and Baptiste, they could get there but I don't see it in their games yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad