Rumor: Spott to be promoted, DJ Smith will be Marlies coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
It is just Twitter speak and rumour, but the timing is strange.

Steve Spott, will move up to coach under Carlyle next season.
(I would say he's the safety valve and next HC)

Former Leaf pugilist, for a few games, and former Oshawa Generals coach DJ Smith
will take on the Dukes HC duties next season.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It is just Twitter speak and rumour, but the timing is strange.

Steve Spott, will move up to coach under Carlyle next season.
(I would say he's the safety valve and next HC)

Former Leaf pugilist, for a few games, and former Oshawa Generals coach DJ Smith
will take on the Dukes HC duties next season.

Spott is from the same mold of Deboer is he not. What Shanny likes? Makes sense if so.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If the Leafs have a slow start, Spott will more than likely become the head coach of the big club (at least on an interim basis to start) you would have to think. It's pretty hard to argue with the results so far. He's had a great run at the junior level with Kitchener..(was very questionable however during his WJHC stint) and has done a great job with the Marlies. He's still pretty young for a HC standards. I'd be all for this.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
woah, kinda surprised. spott's doing a pretty good job so far with the marlies.

if true, he will take over from caryle in the year after (2015-16) IMO.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
this is the guy saying it.

Vishal Hussain ‏@vishal_hussain 1h

RUMOR: The Toronto Maple Leafs are going to promote Steve Spott to Randy Carlyle's coaching staff and. D.J. SMITH will be the Marlies coach

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
Good, soon as Carlyle is fired after the slow start next year. Spott can save the team and make the playoffs.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yea, The players will magically be able to start doing things they just couldn't under Carlyle.

:rolleyes:

True but I bet he'll be able to cut down our shots against by a huge margin. That's on the system implemented by the coach. The players do what the coach tells you to do, how effective it's executed is on the players. The shots against game after game after game to me tells me the system was ****ed. Even Shanahan admitted that.

zong

Apr 2, 2013
Bad timing IMO to name a replacement coach for these Dukies while they're on a roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad