Spotify sucks.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I use Apple Music, mainly because I have curated music on Itunes all those years. I'm looking for better ways to use it though, and I don't know if I like their radio curation. I want to play a radio based on my favorite artists, and they play songs from artists that have nothing to do with the radio station I just created.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
You understand that if you take a song off of an album or a playlist and add it to yours, when that playlist updates via the person that controls it or otherwise, it needs to update as well.

I don't get the issues you guys are having.

The only thing I don't get is what likes do, it adds it to a liked song playlist but apparently it also helps with recommending songs? Not that it bothers me or anything, just curious.

But some of these issues, did you guys ever bother googling to find the answers off their website?

Spotify isn't great, it's a decent music app. But what's the other option? Some have half of what Spotify has and then they have some stuff Spotify doesn't, but Spotify has one of the largest catalogs of music.

Of course I googled, there simply aren't solutions for some pretty basic issues. They're niggling problems, but it's frustrating when such an easy and basic concept is worsened by UI and design flaws that just shouldn't be there. Not to be that guy, but they could learn somethin from Apple in that regard. I stick with it outta an unwillingness to start over with a new app, basically.

The offline thing is the biggest one, because a) I really do view it as potentially some sorta odd collusion with data providers, and b) It's small at first, but becomes a headache with daily use. I have to open settings. "data saver" is the first option under settings, but that just makes your sound quality worse- to go offline so as to listen to downloads I have to then go into "playback" and THEN switch to offline, which really just seems like they tried to hide that option. When I get home I have to repeat that process to go online, but I also have to restart the app to get it to actually pick up wifi and get started downloading the auto-updated playlists I'd rather it not auto-update. Only once all that has occurred can I start a download of, say, Spittin Chiclets. It's an incredibly first world problem, but I'm bothered by base stupidity in companies that should be better given their size and resources.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Of course I googled, there simply aren't solutions for some pretty basic issues. They're niggling problems, but it's frustrating when such an easy and basic concept is worsened by UI and design flaws that just shouldn't be there. Not to be that guy, but they could learn somethin from Apple in that regard. I stick with it outta an unwillingness to start over with a new app, basically.

The offline thing is the biggest one, because a) I really do view it as potentially some sorta odd collusion with data providers, and b) It's small at first, but becomes a headache with daily use. I have to open settings. "data saver" is the first option under settings, but that just makes your sound quality worse- to go offline so as to listen to downloads I have to then go into "playback" and THEN switch to offline, which really just seems like they tried to hide that option. When I get home I have to repeat that process to go online, but I also have to restart the app to get it to actually pick up wifi and get started downloading the auto-updated playlists I'd rather it not auto-update. Only once all that has occurred can I start a download of, say, Spittin Chiclets. It's an incredibly first world problem, but I'm bothered by base stupidity in companies that should be better given their size and resources.
I get ya, I wonder if Spittin Chiclets is on Tidal, reading more about it, their "premium service" only goes down to 320kb/s, meanwhile, Spotify's normal setting is 96kb/s and you can get up to I think 160-320kb/s in the extreme option.

I am curious about Tidal now, I wonder if anyone else here has it and can give us more info. I mean I would love to download playlists when I go places so I don't know if they have an offline mode like Spotify or the ability to download.

When I am connected to wifi, it does update songs, so I don't know what is being updated as well...but I just sort of gave up wondering because I have wifi almost everywhere I go, either that Shaw go thing or at the office or at home.

Also, you live in China, I think that might be the biggest issue with your playlist and the whole offline mode thing.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I prefer Google Music becomes it comes with Youtube Music and i can upload my own music because some foreign songs aren't available for streaming.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I really have no idea how this is possible, since for me, Spotify doesn’t use data on songs I’ve downloaded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad