Sportsnet's announcers chosen

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
FFS sportsnet I appreciate that you tried to make the 3-person broadcast team work but it has never worked.

The experiment has failed, stop it!

Huh? You do realize that the third person is just the in-arena host who does a few interviews and such and is not really part of the actual game broadcast.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I really, really hate Hughson and Simpson and am annoyed we can never escape them since the Leafs always get their #1 team.

But Romanuk is even worse...

I would take the Randorf team of that group. But they're all terrible compared to TSN.

Pick your poison. I much rather hear Hughson and Simpson call the Leafs-Bruins series than I would Romanuk or that simpleton, Greg Millen.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wish Bob Cole was doing the Leafs/Bruins series......

I wish Cole would do every series, every night, even two series airing at the exact same time. I'm sure he could pull it off. ;)

But seriously the fact he isn't scheduled to do any playoff games sucks.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Damn thats a terrible lineup. I miss TSN lol. Leafs getting Hughson is an obvious one and my ears will probably bleed but then again compared to what the Jets get its not so bad

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
So... Ill be watching the Bruins feed. Kind've fortunate that the Leafs opponent has the best play-by-play guy in the business.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I really, really hate Hughson and Simpson and am annoyed we can never escape them since the Leafs always get their #1 team.

But Romanuk is even worse...

I would take the Randorf team of that group. But they're all terrible compared to TSN.

I like to think of it like this;

Hughson/Simpson is like dog crap on the bottom of your shoe.
Romanuk is like dog crap in your mouth.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I'd much prefer Romanuk over Hughson.

Hughson is by far my most hated. I can't stand listening to him call anything.

We'll see if you still think this after a game lol. He'll call Laine Wheeler and Ehlers Ekblad, then he'll go on a tangent while several chances happen and then interupt it going "HOLY SNAPPIN EYEBALLS" before saying "To finish my point" and continue his stupid tangent while a bunch of shit happens. Then they'll show a close up of Sheif and he will say "Here is Sheif, his dad of course died in 83" when his dad isn't dead and he confused two f***ing people and made an ass of himself on national TV.

Sorry.. Just two years of this shit has me triggered.

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
Pick your poison. I much rather hear Hughson and Simpson call the Leafs-Bruins series than I would Romanuk or that simpleton, Greg Millen.

I am with you. I would rather hear Hughson's subtle hatred of the Leafs and Ontario over the disgusting incompetence of the duo of Romanuk and Millen.

What is the over under on how many times the Sedins get mentioned in this series by Hughson?

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Ptgeandmain

Nov 29, 2017
It's a shame Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert, the two best PBP guys in Canada, are both with TSN so we don't get to hear them in the playoffs.

Also, is this it for Bob Cole? I love the guy but even I admit his time is up.

Agreed, might have to sync the radio to get the sweet soothing sounds of Dennis Beyak and Paul Edmonds over Sportsnet.

Also why the f*** are the jets games not on CBC. The Canadian Broadcast Company not so much.........

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Over/Under on Hughson/Simpson referencing Game 7 4-1? I'll be generous and say 90 seconds.

Way under 90.5. Way under. As soon as the puck is dropped and a faceoff is held, Hughson will be like:
"The last time these two teams met, Toronto collapsed after holding a 4-1 lead..." and Simpson will chuckle and play along. When will CBC be homers for Jets and Leafs, or whichever other Canadian team? If two Canadian teams play each other, homer towards the physically-based home team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad