Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Continued from: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2129327

Some previous posts:

A guy with a tiny bit of credibility is listing some teams that are in the mix. Not sure how much his word is worth but he's got more to him than the standard poster.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2129651&page=22

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-12/supermodel-hockey-mom-why-big-bucks-flow-to-little-pucks

Just to add to the speculation since thats all this is. Doesn't mean anything as Trouba has actually demonstrated he is good, gets lots of ice time, etc but just interesting that he came out of an environment like this.

Though ftr do not think Trouba hates this city yet - nothing confirms that at all and we may not know, if ever, until afterwards. He does have some valid arguments despite not many wanting to believe it. But his dad, if the same in the case (GAIL & RICE) above, is turning out to be interesting side character in all this.

Not sure if I can just TL;DR but:

Vetted poster says 1. Three teams in the mix 2. TOR is not one of them 3. Deal likely after WCOH is finished

Some suggested in conjunction with his posts that McKenzie is on to something with NYR, ARI, BOS, DET. So maybe the three teams are in this list. If I had to guess, I'd say that NYR is not ready to part with McD, so probably one of the other three. Krug from Boston is the most appealing for me. Not sure if Boston offers that though..

Has anyone looked at the CAP for teams to make a list of whom can even afford Trouba? That might help narrow the list.

Just looking at capfriendly, and in conjunction with the rumors posted above

DET - $0
NYR - $1,400,000
ARI - $2,347,875
BOS - $5,831,666

There will obviously be salary heading back, but BOS is in the best position. Please no Chara because expiry date, or John-Michael Liles because Beyak, or even Zboril because development...

WHOA ! This could be Jack Johnson 2.0. (use google if you don't know the details...)

I think its down between Boston,NYR and Detroit

Torey Krug + ............ for Trouba

I don't know much about Krug, but his numbers look pretty good. Any chance he could come back or is there no way Boston parts with him?

Can't imagine any type of package that would be enticing in anyway.

OEL is only on this list I want but not going to happen. Trust the guy on the boards there (is vetted) but don't think anything has really come from those discussions.

In case anyone was thinking it, Larkin is an Overhardt client lol (also not LHD)

Last edited:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
LHD in the younger range would be Krug,Dekeyser or McDonaugh

Boston seems to really want Trouba, Chara is getting older and I would assume they want to build around Trouba going forward.

I am not sure why Detroit would be in they have a lot of salary tide up, maybe we take some of it with us in a deal

Rangers I think maybe want a rebuild and Staal/Giradi can't be moved. I guess they can get Trouba for 7 years at 4.5 to 5 and move out McDonagh and make some LHD room for Skjei

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I wouldn't hate mcdonagh for trouba in the short term. In 2 years when trouba is entering his prime and McD is leaving his it doesn't look as good

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I wouldn't hate mcdonagh for trouba in the short term. In 2 years when trouba is entering his prime and McD is leaving his it doesn't look as good

Cychrun plus another prospect may work from Arizona? Not sure how ready Chychrun is.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
god those D trade options sure are depressing.
even if you told me DET would trade Tatar for Trouba, i wouldn't be overly happy

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
If the Jets cave and trade Trouba I am done with the team. It would be a solid indicator of eternal mediocrity.
If a player wants to leave when UFA comes fine. If a player wants to leave when just leaving their entry level contract too damn bad.
The Jets will never be a UFA destination so they need to draft well and make great use of RFAs.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
Last edited:

Dirty30

Feb 12, 2012
Any trade will need to be a multiplayer transaction or Chevy will need to be open to getting a top 6 forward (ie. Duchene, Landesgog, Draisile, etc..) to get full value or better. Then make another deal shortly after.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Personally (of those options) I think I'd much rather get a mostly futures package with Arizona (with Chychrun), and then go and get another vet D (maybe Seidenberg or Ehrhoff on a 1 or 2 year deal) to fill in in the meantime.

I don't like any of the "ready to play" options on those teams.

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
If the Jets cave and trade Trouba I am done with the team. It would be a solid indicator of eternal mediocrity.
If a player wants to leave when UFA comes fine. If a player wants to leave when just leaving their entry level contract too damn bad.
The Jets will never be a UFA destination so they need to draft well and make great use of RFAs.

Sorry, but this is idiotic.

If the Jets can get a solid return on their asset (say, Lindholm), than why do you see this as a problem? At end of the day, we want to win. If we can make a trade that helps this cause, why would that be a "solid indicator of eternal mediocrity"?

After all, I think we know now who won the Kane trade...

This isn't the first time that a player has wanted a change of scenery, nor will it be the last.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Sorry, but this is idiotic.

If the Jets can get a solid return on their asset (say, Lindholm), than why do you see this as a problem? At end of the day, we want to win. If we can make a trade that helps this cause, why would that be a "solid indicator of eternal mediocrity"?

After all, I think we know now who won the Kane trade...

This isn't the first time that a player has wanted a change of scenery, nor will it be the last.

It is opening the door for every other RFA to try the same thing in the future.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
is Mcdonagh still considered a top pairing defenceman? I`d consider a trade with him as the main piece, I`m not sure which side would need to add

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

If the player is OK with sitting out years if need be, the team will eventually "cave" as you say and trade the player for another asset.

But, if the team is willing to wait, and the player gets the itch to want to be playing again, then the player will "cave".

I'm hoping the Jets wait as long as it takes to get a fair player in return, but it's a game of chicken and eventually someone is going to blink.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Do you guys think the Ducks would trade for a Trouba signed 6 years x 4 million (for example) for a Lindholm who will get paid 5.5 +?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad