News Article: Sportsnet: OEL tops all other Norris candidates according to analytics

KG

Sep 23, 2010
What a shame he had such a great season during a tanking year.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
What a shame he had such a great season during a tanking year.

The "tank" is just a traditionalist excuse. Even if we weren't in the basement he wouldn't have gotten a sniff of the Norris discussion no matter how gaudy his stats are.

But maybe this might change the whole "OEL doesn't even net you Desharnais!" tenor of the trade board discussions... :D

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
OOEEL sent me this article like an hour ago, and I was just about to post it, haha

Anyway, Ollie has been absolutely outstanding this season. He's truly emerged as a franchise cornerstone.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He is a beacon of hope in a sea of ****. So his dCorsi impact is going to be high. He has recovered from a bad start, at least. Not Norris worthy quite yet.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I like how they talk about how OEL deserves it, then basically go on to say only players on playoff teams should win it...

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
OEL confirmed to play for Sweden in the World Championships in Prague. I guess he wants to play some meaningful (well, sort of) hockey.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Yet there is a thread on the trade board suggesting if Edmonton wins the lottery, Arizona trades OEl and the #3 pick for the number one pick.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Yet there is a thread on the trade board suggesting if Edmonton wins the lottery, Arizona trades OEl and the #3 pick for the number one pick.

Pfffffff OEL doesn't get that. He's not good, he's so not good they want to give us spare parts to take him off of our hands. That kind of crap always kills me, because you know they don't think that little of him, yet are convinced somehow if they talk yotes fans into it that'll it'll magically happen. Discussing hockey on here can be fun but the folks who think getting other teams fans to agree to an awful trade means something is funny.

Feb 12, 2003
Shhh...don't let people know about it. He's easily replaceable, you could trade a 3rd rounder or bust prospect for him. Don't worry about him, he's not a threat. :sarcasm:

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden

Oh give me a break. I don't care how much potential McDavid has, he still hasn't played an NHL game. You don't trade a 23 year old top 5 defenseman in the world who's just getting better for that straight up, nevermind adding a 3rd overall pick.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He is a beacon of hope in a sea of ****. So his dCorsi impact is going to be high. He has recovered from a bad start, at least. Not Norris worthy quite yet.

Exactly correct. Since Yandle's trade, he has shown his leadership. He is a winner, just like Yandlle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad