Sportsnet needs to move RJ Broadhead to NHL games

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Currently calling CHL games, this guy could be the next big Canadian PBP'er.

He has a bit of Bob Cole to him, but has his own style that is clear yet exciting.

Bring him up now. He's miles better than Romaniuk.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
He's a great announcer for sure. Although I kinda think if they put him on for NHL games it wouldn't be as good. I think he should stay as the SN CHL guy cause that's his trademark.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Romanuk and Johnson are absolute garbage. I'd pretty pretty choked if I had to see my teams playoff games called by those two clowns.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Dan Russell, and Bill Wilms. They call WHL games for Shaw. Dan Russell has a great voice, great inflection, fantastic energy, and some great quips. I'd love to see them replace our current dingbats Quinn, and Remenda.

Karlsson2Turris*

Some examples:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/f59186516925e51e128b0c6e73f939cb

Especially his call at 50 seconds.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/35945a09fa18954a5ccef53c6239ccd8

The fact he's able to get all that info to the viewer with such clarity in a short amount of time before McDavid scores. Excellent diction, good phrasing.

Tell me those calls don't remind you of Bob Cole in his prime.

Was so impressed by McDavid I didn't even pay attention to the PbP guy :laugh:

Damn he's something special

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
The first person that should be removed and never be allowed to come anywhere near a hockey broadcast is Gary Galley. Guy is an absolute tool.

GoalDeny

Dec 24, 2010
Canada
Yep, RJ is a great broadcaster. I remember he did cross-country skiing/biathlon during the Vancouver Olympics and people were impressed by his knowledge on sports Canada doesn't really pay attention to. He clearly does his homework and has a good announcing voice as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad