Spooner on Claude relationship

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's interesting that nearly a week after Peter Chiarelli that Claude Julien fate has not been publically determined- privately he may have already been told. This long is not normal or really fair so I think he's already hd the talk what they expect- and its more North-South Spooner/Pasta types.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/Broken-B's-boston-Bruins-players-are-in-claude-Julien's-corner

Claude style will have to change also- but if I want to lose weight I dont keep ice cream err, temptation in the house (Claude's temptation atleast one of them- Campbell is gone)

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/Broken-B's-Claude-Julien-must-alter-his-style-with-boston-bruins

Last edited:

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Quite impressed with Ryan's comments on himself and his take on Claude.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Quite impressed with Ryan's comments on himself and his take on Claude.

Agree- Spooner looks as good off the ice here as he does on it with the puck on the half wall.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Wow really surprising to see Spooner have such a positive take on Claude. If anyone should hate him it's Spoons but he seems to be behind CJ. After this article I think I'm leaning towards giving Claude another year to figure things out.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I thought good on the kid for not taking it personally. Classy move, even though it was clear Julien had an agenda against him. That's on Claude though, especially since Spooner took the high road.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Spoons taking the high road, pretty classy, unlike how Julien was to him earlier this year.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Does anyone really think Spooner would rip into Claude while he is still coach ?
If Spooner wants to play, he has to play nice.

We'll find out the truth if/when Claude is fired.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
What else is he going to say? CJ is still coach and he just started to get playing time. He's too smart to **** that up.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reminds me almost word for word what Jumbo Joe had to say about Pat Burns.
Burns rode him. Benched him. Tore into him at practice. To this day Thornton credits Burns with making him a pro.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
These guys get payed well enough to be professional about criticism. Let's worry about Clode moving on to the new NHL instead.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Burns rode him. Benched him. Tore into him at practice. To this day Thornton credits Burns with making him a pro.

But Claude hate Young players... I'm sure he paid Spooner to do that interview...

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
But Claude hate Young players... I'm sure he paid Spooner to do that interview...

Find it interesting this is a story. A coach helps a young player - isn't that what they're paid to do.

Or is there an implication that its a story because Claude seldom does it ;)

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

I did not always see eye to eye with my dad growing up and today i am the man I am because of what my dad taught me and showed me along the way in life.
Tough learning is sometimes the best and in sports if the individual does listen and learn from what a coach expects from him more often than not that player will excel and be a better player and person from it.

I can certainly relate to this.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
It's interesting that nearly a week after Peter Chiarelli that Claude Julien fate has not been publically determined- privately he may have already been told. This long is not normal or really fair so I think he's already hd the talk what they expect- and its more North-South Spooner/Pasta types.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/Broken-B's-boston-Bruins-players-are-in-claude-Julien's-corner

Claude style will have to change also- but if I want to lose weight I dont keep ice cream err, temptation in the house (Claude's temptation atleast one of them- Campbell is gone)

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/Broken-B's-Claude-Julien-must-alter-his-style-with-boston-bruins

Great find, thanks for posting.

Very mature tact taken by Spooner there.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Things have worked out well for Spooner. He's improved all facets of his game and is definitely ready to stay in the NHL. Hopefully he will work his tail off this summer and come back even stronger. Claude clearly appreciates Spooner's evolution, as evidenced by his change in tone in interviews by the end of the season. Spooner showed maturity in his statements. I'm very much looking forward to seeing Spooner and Pasta develop next season. They both could end up being very valuable players for the Bs when all is said and done.

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
I thought good on the kid for not taking it personally. Classy move, even though it was clear Julien had an agenda against him. That's on Claude though, especially since Spooner took the high road.

I don't know man. From our perspective it looks so obvious that Claude had an agenda against him but we are lacking too much information. Therefore, it is anything but clear. Listen, maybe he was railroaded, but then again, he's now seen as an important part of the Bruins organisation. Maybe we should revisit this tired assumption and recalibrate. The question remains: Did Spooner do well down the stretch in spite of Claude's agenda? Or did Spooner perform well because of Claude's agenda?

To be honest, I don't know the answer. I'm just glad that the real Spooner stood up. Now he's a keeper.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
I don't know man. From our perspective it looks so obvious that Claude had an agenda against him but we are lacking too much information. Therefore, it is anything but clear. Listen, maybe he was railroaded, but then again, he's now seen as an important part of the Bruins organisation. Maybe we should revisit this tired assumption and recalibrate. The question remains: Did Spooner do well down the stretch in spite of Claude's agenda? Or did Spooner perform well because of Claude's agenda?

To be honest, I don't know the answer. I'm just glad that the real Spooner stood up. Now he's a keeper.

My question is why was his playing time limited in the last 3 games in favor of 4th line pluggers I'm sure it was Claude boosting his confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad