GDT: Split-squad game Sept 22 against Anaheim [Mod Note: Ducks Website May Have Stream?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Hockey is back in preseason form! We are playing a split squad game against Anaheim home and away. That's right folks, we get to experience double the regression in one single night! :scared:

No word yet on squads, but it sounds like Roy was keeping the "starters" at home and letting the rooks play in ANA.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm sure will be posted as soon as we know!

Please tell us about the game tonight if you get a chance. I'm not sure how much we'll be able to follow that one.

For sure man! I'll try to snap some good pictures on my iphone 6 :)naughty:) as well. We're sitting 4th row behind the Avs bench so I should get some good ones.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
It'll be interesting to see who ANA sends to Colorado and vice versa as well. Would be a bummer if we sent our rookies and prospects there and they sent their rookies and prospects here.

Just got tix for Sunday's game against the Flames. Real excited to see some hockey again.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It'll be interesting to see who ANA sends to Colorado and vice versa as well. Would be a bummer if we sent our rookies and prospects there and they sent their rookies and prospects here.

Just got tix for Sunday's game against the Flames. Real excited to see some hockey again.

It may be wishful thinking... But they already have burgundy and white teams. I was hoping they keep those teams together for tonight's games.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
It may be wishful thinking... But they already have burgundy and white teams. I was hoping they keep those teams together for tonight's games.

Didn't Roy say his starters would be staying at home? I'm not sure who was on each team in the B&W but I think they were more mixed than that.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Teams always keep the players they want to show off at home and the more reputable veterans, to avoid them having to travel over the day.

Oilers last night had RNH, Hall, Draisaitl, Perron and Nurse in Edmonton and the only big name in Calgary was Yakupov.

Of course it may be extreme to have Avs whole top six in Denver today, but I think they want to show off Duchene, MacKinnon and Iginla.

Perhaps they'll break up the lines and send Landeskog and O'Reilly to Anaheim.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
There's the rule about having to dress a certain amount of NHL veterans, but you can stretch it. I'd guess guys like McLeod, Briere, Talbot end up in Anaheim and we get the stars (never thought I'd be disappointed with that). I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the big guys dressed in none of the games as well.

I can't imagine they'll dress the entire top 6 tonight. I'd love to see some young guys with the big guys, if they do dress. I'd like to see Everberg plucked onto the top 2 lines, if possible.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Vets don't usually go on the road during split squad games. Kind of a reward to stay home instead of traveling. There might be a few 3rd/4th liners that go to Anaheim, but I doubt anybody in the top 6/4 goes and Varly won't go.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Rangers fan coming in peace.

I'm going to the game tonight at Honda Center. Hoping to see some of my favorite Avs players. Anybody have any idea who's playing tonight?

I'd really love to see McK and/or Duchene.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Rangers fan coming in peace.

I'm going to the game tonight at Honda Center. Hoping to see some of my favorite Avs players. Anybody have any idea who's playing tonight?

I'd really love to see McK and/or Duchene.

No word yet. I'm sure someone will post the squads ASAP once they've been made public.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Avs roster is out for the Denver game...

Calvin Pickard
Sami Aittokallio

Erik Johnson
Matt Duchene
Jarome Iginla
Mitchell Heard
Duncan Siemens
Brad Stuart
Zach Redmond
Maxime Talbot
Maxim Noreau
Nathan MacKinnon
Andrew Agozzino
Joey Hishon
Alex Tanguay
Dennis Everberg
Daniel Briere
Conner Bleackley
Chris Bigras
Tomas Vincour

REALLY hoping Everberg plays on the top 2 lines. Siemens gets his first pre-season game since right after his draft year, I believe.

Anaheim playing...

Jason LaBarbera
Igor Bobkov
Clayton Stoner
Andrew Cogliano
Devante Smith-Pelly
Ryan Kesler
Patrick Maroon
Mark Fistric
Jakob Silfverberg
William Karlsson
Steve MacIntyre
Max Friberg
Sami Vatanen
Brandon Yip
Brad Winchester
Kenton Helgeson
Matt Bailey
Kevin Gagne
Nathan McIver
Stefan Noesen
Louis Leblanc
Mat Clark
Jesse Blacker

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
So:

Agozzino-Duchene- Iginla
Everberg- MacKinnon- Tanguay
Talbot-Bleackley-Briere
Vincour-Hishon-Heard

Stuart-Johnson
Siemens-Noreau
Bigras- Redmond

Sami
Pickard

Something like this?
Maybe Bleackley with Duchene and Agozzino on the 3rd line with Briere as center?

And we get to face the almighty Yipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad