[Spittle Bag] on penguins radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
Was listening for the first time, (guess you could call it listening) to Mark Madden last week on Pens Radio, he was going on a little rant about why Evander Kane and PK Subban arent getting more ice time, to which he just blurts out "Its because they are both Black" and then goes on another tirade about how "Black men men can't get a fair go in the NHL just like they cant get a fair go in the united states"....

I have never listened to him before and obviously hes a shock-jock kind of sports presenter, but is this guy for real? Im not even sure he believes half the stuff he was saying last week.

Anyway just wanted to get some Pens fans feedback on his style and if hes actually regarded in the US or just there for shock tactics?

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Madden says controversial things to get ratings and doesn't always mean what he says. He was once a pro-wrestling announcer and still uses his "personalty" from those days on the radio. He talks a lot about being a genius and how all his callers are idiots, etc.

I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously - he does know a bit more about hockey than the average radio personality and he's one of the few media guys in Pittsburgh who has made it a habit to criticize the Steelers organization, but he's primarily a shock-jock.

He may have been joking about Kane and Subban but I do think there's some truth to the notion that their bad reputations are partly fueled by racist sentiments.

Blitzburgh87*

He acts like an idiot which is a shame because he knows the game of hockey. He's always been entertaining but he's very conceited.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He's a pile of garbage that's been sitting out in the hot sun.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
He's a joke. Somehow he makes it in Pittsburgh where dumb Yinzers continue to listen to him and sometimes even call him to be insulted by him.

He's not worth listening to.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Also he doesn't deserve his own thread, effectively giving him viral marketing. Madden is a clueless spittle bag who makes **** up half the time to drum up listeners. Also it's curious the two people drumming up discussion in this thread have fewer than 50 posts. This thread serves no real purpose as there is no specific Penguins issue being talked about here so I'm closing it. Sorry Madden.

Genius. :laugh: Guy has the IQ of a walrus and makes a similar amount of unintelligible noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad