Podcast (Audio) Spits & Suds Podcast

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Just wanted to spread the word for this podcast. I believe it's just their second year and they've recently added Sean Shapiro to their team this season. Gavin and the team are currently running 3 episodes a week, two with Shapiro and one with Ludwig.

Solid podcast and now with Shapiro, it's definitely the best one out there for Stars coverage imo.

Most recent episode was released today

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I legitimately want to know if anyone listens to that podcast. I've never seen a more futile attempt to market something.
Shapiro probably doubled their audience, from 1 to 2 people :sarcasm:

I listened to the episode before this one, mainly for Shapiro, and he didn't let me down.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I legitimately want to know if anyone listens to that podcast. I've never seen a more futile attempt to market something.

People definitely do. Can't say that anyone on HF does, though.

It's all automated and just kind of sits there so it's whatever.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
i respect whatahockey for doing it, but it wasnt really for me..

ill probably dip back with how slowly the nhl is to talk about the stars sometimes, but homerism is tough gimme the nonpartisan take

Reactions: ugrakarma

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
i think he meant the whatahockey one, not the suds one.
Yeah, sorry, didn't want to throw shade at this specific podcast, but the Whatahockey one. I listened to a few minutes of one episode and they talked about why Jamie Benn wouldn't restructure his contract like he played for the Dallas Cowboys. That was when I knew it probably wasn't going to be a good use of my time or filled with the best takes about Dallas Stars hockey.

This speaks to the dearth of Stars 3rd party content, but my favorite podcast coverage of the Stars has been Stars-related podcasts done by Dimitri Filipovic on the PDOCast, that guy watches a lot of Stars hockey, and coincidentially has done many podcasts with Shapiro in the past. He last did one with DeFranks. DeFranks, if you are reading this, please get a microphone that doesn't sound like you're calling in to a radio show in the 90's.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
I watch the Locked On Stars podcast on YouTube on occassion. It's okay but I swear the dude spends as much time reading ads as he does talking about the Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad