Speculation: Spitballing destinations/returns for Niskanen

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Anaheim seems the best match. Not sure about MN. I can't see them trading someone like Coyle for Niskanen. Coyle has more upside IMO and their forwards are just now reaching a point of depth. Trading one away doesn't seem too smart, and they already moved the one guy we might've had a good fit for on the bottom 6 (Clutterbuck).

With Anaheim Both teams have what the other needs at a reasonable value level (where there's equal risk in a 1 for 1 trade, and neither team gets hosed), our GMs have a history and we are out of conference. Palmieri, Bonino, and a couple other guys might fit the bill.

Glad Niskanen is playing well. Drives up his value. I think he's gone so I hope he keeps it up.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Is this what Toronto fans felt like for years regarding Kaberle?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
TO MINNESOTA for SETOGUCHI

ahahaha just kidding.

(waits for 100 people to tell me that I'm overrating Setoguchi)

Nisky to Calgary for something.

Nisky to Anaheim for something (though I don't know that they're a good partner for Nisky, probably a better partner for someone like Despres?)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Really? Spurgeon, Brodin, Suter, Ballard, and Dumba. He could add to that sure, but I don't know if the Wild are desperate to make that move yet.

Who do you target on the Wild? Dream possibilities are Zucker for me.

Ballard ain't what he once was by any stretch, and Dumba may not make it past the 9 game mark. Only Spurgeon, Suter, and Brodin are playing over 17 minutes a night, and Dumba's not even getting 13.

I imagine the Wild's going to want to get to the playoffs this year, and their record's pretty underwhelming so far. They have forward prospects out the yin-yang, and Niskanen's a Minnesota boy.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
TO MINNESOTA for SETOGUCHI

ahahaha just kidding.

(waits for 100 people to tell me that I'm overrating Setoguchi)

Nisky to Calgary for something.

Nisky to Anaheim for something (though I don't know that they're a good partner for Nisky, probably a better partner for someone like Despres?)

:laugh: Setolazy is in the armpit of Canada now, no not Alberta or Saskatchewan, the other one, Manitoba.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Or that he plays in Winnipeg now? ;)

yes, I was trying to make a joke about all the threads that popped up last year (hence the haha jk). Although I guess I could have been a bit more... precise. I did know he got traded. For a draft pick. A...

I'm not bitter.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Anaheim seems the best match. Not sure about MN. I can't see them trading someone like Coyle for Niskanen. Coyle has more upside IMO and their forwards are just now reaching a point of depth. Trading one away doesn't seem too smart, and they already moved the one guy we might've had a good fit for on the bottom 6 (Clutterbuck).

With Anaheim Both teams have what the other needs at a reasonable value level (where there's equal risk in a 1 for 1 trade, and neither team gets hosed), our GMs have a history and we are out of conference. Palmieri, Bonino, and a couple other guys might fit the bill.

Glad Niskanen is playing well. Drives up his value. I think he's gone so I hope he keeps it up.

Anaheim has a lot of pieces we'd covet, but I'm not sure they'd be too keen on moving a good young player when they're doing so well right now.

As for Minny...maybe not Coyle, but Zucker.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ballard ain't what he once was by any stretch, and Dumba may not make it past the 9 game mark. Only Spurgeon, Suter, and Brodin are playing over 17 minutes a night, and Dumba's not even getting 13.

I imagine the Wild's going to want to get to the playoffs this year, and their record's pretty underwhelming so far. They have forward prospects out the yin-yang, and Niskanen's a Minnesota boy.

Not sure what the Pens need to add, but I would love Zucker. I think Coyle impressed them more with how he played in the NHL last year, so maybe they might be willing to move Zucker given that they have Pommy, Parise, and Nino and a bunch of decent supporting wingers as well.

Unless the Wild want to move Nino for him, I'm all for that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dallas? :sarcasm:

Maybe Tampa?

They have enough scoring and they have Drouin in juniors right now. Maybe Killorn or Purcell?

If it's Dallas, I would love to get Alex Guptill from them and a pick as well to recoup the one lost in the Murray deal.

I could see Guptill being our next Neal or *fingers-crossed* our version of Max-Pac.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Anaheim has a lot of pieces we'd covet, but I'm not sure they'd be too keen on moving a good young player when they're doing so well right now.

As for Minny...maybe not Coyle, but Zucker.

How a team is doing isn't always reflective of if they have problems or not. Look at the Pens, they're doing well but there's definitely an issue with forward depth. Unless I'm mistaken Anaheim are having a defense issue.

Covet really is the right word, too. :cry:

We'd have to move more than Niskanen if we get someone back. Either because Vokoun returns or because we need a new backup for the playoffs.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I hate you!

Yes... that's it... feel the anger within you. Your hate makes you powerful!

Now, know your enemy.

pgsmpo0dqy9vngzl4eac.png

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
How a team is doing isn't always reflective of if they have problems or not. Look at the Pens, they're doing well but there's definitely an issue with forward depth. Unless I'm mistaken Anaheim are having a defense issue.

Covet really is the right word, too. :cry:

We'd have to move more than Niskanen if we get someone back. Either because Vokoun returns or because we need a new backup for the playoffs.

I'm not overly concerned about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad