Movies: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Great news. I found the first movie better than any live action ones. There are just things that you can do with sophisticated animation that you can't with live action no matter how good the special effects are.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So this has been moved to 2023.

Sony’s animated sequel to the Oscar winning movie Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is moving from Oct. 7 this year to June 2, 2023. The news is breaking just before the studio’s presentation at CinemaCon next week.

Meanwhile, the pic’s sequel, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part II, is dated for March 29, 2024.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Honestly hadn't really planned to go and see this, even though the first one really was fantastic. It just feels like I watched it so long ago that I just didn't have any interest in the sequel at least not to do a 75 minute drive to get to the closest theater...

But after seeing how ridiculous its doing in reviews and reading that Across the Spider-Verse Part 2 is coming out next year instead of almost 5 years later... I'm thinking I probably will re-watch the 1st one tomorrow night and check this out on Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm walking out of the theater now. This is a special movie. Excellent feels like an understatement. All I could think was this feels like a movie I'll look back on fondly for having seen it in theaters. The first Spider verse movie was outstanding but this his a level I couldn't contemplate beforehand. My only complaints are barely complaints but they involve spoilers.

I forgot this is a two part story. Or I'm misremembering that I ever knew that. Either way, it felt like the movie was building up to a big climactic ending and it just ends. It's more of a compliment than a complaint because even with a long runtime, I was more than happy to take in a lot more in one sitting.

I do think that multiversing is a valid excuse to throw in fan service and I had no issue with Tobey and Andrew in No Way Home (or the villains) but something about seeing live action clips from past Spiderman movies interspersed into animation wrenched me out of my immersion. It's not a huge deal but it is a minor flaw for me.

That aside, I have to gush about the visuals. I can't think of a more visually stunning animated movie. It was a delight to look at from start to finish. Not that the original Spiderverse wasn't but this is on another level.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Saw this yesterday. To avoid spoilers all I'll say is, as excellent as they say the movie is, it's even better than that.
Saw it last night...Fantastic movie. Only very minor knock I had was, at times, the animation was so fast paced, it was dizzying. Otherwise, excellent.

Can't wait for part 2.

Reactions: Saskatoon

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So many easter eggs in this one. Loved it and so did my nephews who I brought to see it.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Just a gorgeous, wonderful film. The beauty of the animation is matched by the beauty of the story. Somehow equal or surpassing the original with my only knock being the lack of a “What’s Up Danger” moment. Or perhaps it was just a movie chock full of them?

Can’t wait for Part 2.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

i

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad