Spezza vs. Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
If only they were on the same team!!!

But there not, so i'm asking whats your opinion on these two superstars in the making.

Was Nash as hyped as Spezza? When Nash was in his draft year, who was he compared to? Who was Spezza compared to? Whats there offensive upside potential?

IMO, Spezza was much more hyped than Nash from his days w/ Brampton in the O. I'd say Nash could become a 50 goal scorer for the next 10 years, especially if the NHL opens up a little bit. Originally after last year I thought his 41 goals were a bit of a fluke or stretch. By fluke, I mean I thought he'd probably become a regular 30-40 goal scorer, but after seeing him light it up at the world championships i'm gonna say 40-50 goal scorer (especially w/ Zheredev). I saw him play in London for 2 years and never imagined he'd scored so much and be so successful, especially not this early into his career.

As for Spezza, i'm gonna say he'll probably score 25-35 goals and have a ton of assists (60-75), especially playing w/ Hossa, Alfie, Havlat and a strong d- corpse.

In the end, Spezza will probably get more points (85-110) but Nash could be a prolific NHL goal scorer (50g-35a). Of course, if CLB gets Crosby, Nash's number will go up another 25%.

Any thoughts, all are welcome.

Clutch Mediocrity

May 8, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
www.4thegame.com
I think Nash would've won in the first place, but look for an insane margin of victory. Since this tournament started he's been pretty overrated around here and everwhere else.

Spezza was more hyped, and probably will still have the better career point-wise, but I'll take Nash by a bit.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
I dont know how someone can say "Nash with out a doubt" I mean this is actually a good comparison, like the Gomez Morrison one in the National Hockey League board. I think Spezza will be the more valuable player in the long run, I think he has the intangibles to become a good leader for his team as well as score a boat load of points. Nash is gonna be insane too, I think this is a bad time to bring this topic up because Nash is fresh in everyones minds lately because of the WHC but Spezza is not, or if he is his bad playoff performance may be leaving a bad taste in your mouth.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
You know what, it all comes down to the team your putting them on. For a defensive minded trap-style team, you'd probably want spezza ashis two way game is better than nash.

offensive minded team, nash for sure. His offensive upside is so good.

but again, nash's defensive game isnt too hot

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
This one is hard to choose.. I don't know which I'd actually pick.. I like what I see from both.. I know I'd have both on my team any day.. but, I'll go with Nash.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Vagabond said:
This one is hard to choose.. I don't know which I'd actually pick.. I like what I see from both.. I know I'd have both on my team any day.. but, I'll go with Nash.

Thats why I posted this thread, I thought there would be a lot of mix reactions. Anyone care to give me both players offensive potential? I gave mine earlier:

Spezza: 25-35g 60-75a 85-110pts
Nash: 40-55g 30-40a 75-95pts (changed goal total from 50-55 for career years, especially if NHL opens up a bit as they are trying)

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
yet another Nash thread.... this guy must be the most popular hockey player in Canada right now!

If I could choose, I'd take Spezza over Nash easily. I'd take a superstar center over a similar winger anyday.

Nash will be one hell of a player though (he already is)... but for a team looking to contend, IMO the center position is more important, and that's where Spezza's 2-way game is going to come in huge. He's got all the tools for a superstar - size, speed, offensive ability, vision, 2-way play, etc... Nash will probably always have more goals than Spezza, but IMO Spezza will have a bigger impact on his team's success when both these guys are in their primes.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I think Spezza will get more points simply because he's got some great passing skills. Nash will score goals and that's about it. Nash will get some assists but now as much as Spezza will. I see Spezza becoming a 30 goal and 60-70 assists player while Nash will get 50 goals and 30 assists.

FlyersFan10*

Gotta go with Spezza on this one. If Ottawa were a weak team, they would have made a roster spot for him immediately. I think the Sens did the right thing by letting him develop properly. When gets the top spot in Ottawa, I'm willing to say that he will be the next big thing in the league. It's also nice to have wingers like Havlat, Hossa and Alfredsson as well to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad