Recalled/Assigned: Spencer Martin (1st Time Called Up)

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

giphy.gif

Even if he doesn't get a start I'm happy for the guy. After all that battling he finally gets to be apart of the Avalanche officially.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
How long until we trade Pickard so Martin can be the starter?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Nice to see Martin rewarded after playing very well and really stepping up for the Rampage. I wish he wasn't missing several games just to sit around but he definitely has earned the experience and NHL pay. Too bad the Avs were to cheap to let him participate in practice today.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Nice to see Martin rewarded after playing very well and really stepping up for the Rampage. I wish he wasn't missing several games just to sit around but he definitely has earned the experience and NHL pay. Too bad the Avs were to cheap to let him participate in practice today.

Did Walmart's Black Friday sales slump this year? :sarcasm:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Yeah this guy seriously needs to be getting some starts this season because he's probably gonna the backup next season since one of Varly/Picks will need to be traded (or drafted by Vegas cos Sakic probably can't be bothered to make a proactive move).

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Is someone injured? Varlamov do another groin?

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Is someone injured? Varlamov do another groin?

Varly is injured with an upper body.

Yeah this guy seriously needs to be getting some starts this season because he's probably gonna the backup next season since one of Varly/Picks will need to be traded (or drafted by Vegas cos Sakic probably can't be bothered to make a proactive move).

A 22yo rookie as the back-up to Pickard seems like just asking for Avs fans to hate both goalies.

thehockeywatchinger

Nov 2, 2011
Quick mitten; athletic; strong on post protection; medium on puck manipulation; soft on blocking side; strong low of net; medium displacement. He can win a game on his own at the LAH.

I like this goalie. I wish he will play at the least 1 game for the Avalanches. He is equal to Danis, Subban (LAH). Can be a strong 2e in the LNH.

It is my opinion.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Quick mitten; athletic; strong on post protection; medium on puck manipulation; soft on blocking side; strong low of net; medium displacement. He can win a game on his own at the LAH.

I like this goalie. I wish he will play at the least 1 game for the Avalanches. He is equal to Danis, Subban (LAH). Can be a strong 2e in the LNH.

It is my opinion.

Yann Danis....Malcolm Subban? Not who I would want to be compared with right now. At the very least Spencer Martin is the better goalie than both of them right now.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's cool that he's getting a chance. You never know, he may end up on the ice even. Picks sure wasn't expected to go in on his first callup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad