Speed vs. Quickness

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Which one would you take? There is a difference. For example if you want some blinding speed you think of a guy like Cournoyer, Bure, Bondra, Fedorov, etc.

When I think of quickness I think of shifty-short term quick players. Not a guy that will go end to end but someone who has quick steps and will dodge and weave with his quick foot speed. That doesnt describe Paul Coffey, but personally for some reason I think of a guy like Sakic, Recchi or even a young Gretzky that fit that mold.

So what do you prefer? Dont compare the players, but rather the gears of speed you prefer

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I'd prefer the anticipation of a Howe or Gretzky over either, but that's me. No need to be overly fast if you already know where it's gonna be and you end up first to the puck. Speed kills though, and in today's game I think I'd have to go with it over the quick/shifty 9 times out of 10.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Well a guy who has speed is probably not going to be a dud in the agility department, so I'd go with that.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I'd go with quickness as most of a game takes place at 3/4 speed or less with rare moments of players flat out sprinting. Quick off the faceoff,quick to the puck,quick hands,quick shot...........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad