Speechless in Beantown

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The Red Fists are Bleeding...

Tough one Rob. Your team looked unbeatable all year. I know the Sabres will be tough but I won't lie by saying I wish I would have met your team. No thanks, I'll take my chances with the Sabs.

C.

PS Talk to Nick. You guys can join "overrated teams" anonymous, it will be right beside my group "the overachievers".

BTW, I had a few years when Hasek was one of the better goalies and i was in the height of my spending binges all too see regular season success go down in the playoffs. Now I have to face the TEAM who beat the TEAM. No picnic.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Claudio Mannarino said:
Tough one Rob. Your team looked unbeatable all year. I know the Sabres will be tough but I won't lie by saying I wish I would have met your team. No thanks, I'll take my chances with the Sabs.

C.

PS Talk to Nick. You guys can join "overrated teams" anonymous, it will be right beside my group "the overachievers".

BTW, I had a few years when Hasek was one of the better goalies and i was in the height of my spending binges all too see regular season success go down in the playoffs. Now I have to face the TEAM who beat the TEAM. No picnic.

It takes a lot to laugh, it takes a SIM to cry...;)

What can I say - thought I had all the pieces together this year - strong goaltending, strong defense, strong forwards, and some good leadership and experience for the playoffs. All was looking good for a run at the cup. Could I have built a better team - perhaps, but this one certainly was a strong performer up until now.

However, playoff hockey has its surprises in real life, and our SIM world is no different. Like the Sens falling to the Sabres in the NHL - so to did the Bruins in the HFNHL.

Next year I won't have half these players, but if anything - perhaps that will work to my advantage if I make the playoffs! ;)

If anything - outcomes like this should encourage all GMs to try and field a competitive team and make the playoffs. Rebuilding or not - everyone has a chance if they can make the grade come April.

Best of luck to the Sabres and all the other remaining teams.

Kruegs
GM Bruins

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Vaive-Alive said:
...a bunch of classy stuff

Good job Kruegs - a great season to be proud of just the same - including a place in the HFNHL record books that will be tough to erase.

Claudio Mannarino said:
...a bunch of rather classless stuff

Some GM's act with class when they win or lose, and in general, act like they've been there before.

And some don't.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Some GM's act with class when they win or lose, and in general, act like they've been there before.

And some don't.

To be fair, I think it was only Claudio's PS that has ruffled your feathers, and I think his comments can be read as being more surprised at the outcomes of those series, rather than a dig at either of you. Even if it were, I doubt any malice was intended. But that's the problem with hastily written communication such as the internet foists upon us each day - so open to interpretation...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ohio Jones said:
To be fair, I think it was only Claudio's PS that has ruffled your feathers, and I think his comments can be read as being more surprised at the outcomes of those series, rather than a dig at either of you. Even if it were, I doubt any malice was intended. But that's the problem with hastily written communication such as the internet foists upon us each day - so open to interpretation...

What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?!?!

:D

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
No worries....

No worries guys.

I was only trying to get Nick riled up and have some fun on the boards. Nick was just giving it back to me. After knowing Nick for over 20yrs I expect nothing else but a strong and witty response from Mr. Quain.

As for Rob...don't know the cat for long but he can giveth with the best of them.

All in fun.

Claudio

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Ps

In addition, the only thing that would really upset Nick is if I win the HF Cup before he does. Hopefully I can do it but my teams have been known to tank in the past and there's a little pest team in front of me know that will be difficult to overthrow.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Claudio Mannarino said:
No worries guys.

I was only trying to get Nick riled up and have some fun on the boards. Nick was just giving it back to me. After knowing Nick for over 20yrs I expect nothing else but a strong and witty response from Mr. Quain.

As for Rob...don't know the cat for long but he can giveth with the best of them.

All in fun.

Claudio

Heh - forgot for a moment you guys go way back - fire away!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad