Speculation/rumor : Finnish coach Jussi Ahokas joining Hawks coaching staff?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Not gonna post any links or anything but....that is what i understood,
read between the lines from his recent interview, he admits the talks with one NHL team
but he didn't want to say more, because nothing was on paper yet.
- if my take is spot on, he'd be joining as the assistant coach.

Jussi Ahokas (40) is one of the better coaches outside NA btw.
- he single handedly, pretty much, took the worst team KooKoo in the SM-Liiga, to a top 5 team

2 x world champion coach (WJC & WJC-U18)
1 x silver from wjc u18

+

2 x bronze medals from women's worlds

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Isn't this the guy so many Finnish posters were upset with when he was coaching the under 20 team? Can't tell much about him but he certainly did get a lot of heat on hfboards.

What makes you think he'd be joining the Blackhawks? Do they need another assistant?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Isn't this the guy so many Finnish posters were upset with when he was coaching the under 20 team? Can't tell much about him but he certainly did get a lot of heat on hfboards.

What makes you think he'd be joining the Blackhawks? Do they need another assistant?

Upset??? Dude is awesome coach. Finland won the gold and silver under his coaching in the world juniors.
- i don't recall any negative talk.

He haves a connection to the Hawks organization, if i'm not mistaken.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
He is an okay coach, but if Jalonen isn’t in the NHL then neither should Ahokas be.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Makes sense considering the poster

ouch.gif

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I don't know if this guy specifically is coming over to Rockford or Chicago but what I do think is interesting is this organization seems to be in the buiness of developing coaches as well as players.

You see it with Colliton but also I suspect that's what's happening with some former players who start out in player development and move up. Brookbank and now Campbell and we'll see more.

The reality is we are going to lose coaches at some point through performance or job opportunities. If there are a lot of coaching changes in the NHL you gotta think Crawford's name is in the mix after doing well in Ottawa where he just lost out on the HC gig and the positive feedback about his time in Chicago.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Not gonna post any links or anything but....that is what i understood,
read between the lines from his recent interview, he admits the talks with one NHL team
but he didn't want to say more, because nothing was on paper yet.
- if my take is spot on, he'd be joining as the assistant coach.

Jussi Ahokas (40) is one of the better coaches outside NA btw.
- he single handedly, pretty much, took the worst team KooKoo in the SM-Liiga, to a top 5 team

2 x world champion coach (WJC & WJC-U18)
1 x silver from wjc u18

+

2 x bronze medals from women's worlds
Don’t be surprised if that team is Columbus that he’s been speaking with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad