Speculation: Speculate/Meditate on a PP2 that features: Bunting, Robertson, SDA, Timmons, and Engvall.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I mean the pieces all make sense to me.

Timmins has a crazy hard shot
Bunting around the net mucking things up
SDA has the playmaking to setup anyone who can pull the trigger
Engvall can skate and gain entry
Robertson has an elite shot

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
PP is supposed to be about goal scoring !
Why would a player like 47 be on that ???
Oh yes I forgot , he can skate , that always makes me laugh , this is the NHL , isn’t everyone supposed to know how to skate …
Goal scoring
That’s what you need anyway , anyhow .. your percentages go up when you have goal scorers im pretty sure

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Call me old fashioned, but I miss seeing 2 Defensemen on the PP. I too am not an Engvall fan. I think I would rather see another D or Brodie (when he returns) on the PP2.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I mean it’s different right? And coach is trying new things to see if they will work. Others have made some good points, Timmins moves the puck well, has a hard shot, SDA can move the puck well, and Robertson has a great shot. Bunting can play in front of the net. So, I mean 80% good?

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
I'm sure it will be fine. Sucks that Robertson hasn't solidified his spot in general however. Hopefully this gets him out of his funk

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Ok. Are you going to tell me the reason?
The 1-3-1 PP setup is the most effective PP strategy. It doesn't make sense to have a defenceman play on the half boards, the bumper or the net front role, so there is only 1 real spot that a D can play on a PP.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I'm sure it will be fine. Sucks that Robertson hasn't solidified his spot in general however. Hopefully this gets him out of his funk
Yeah the dying 30 seconds of the powerplay when unit 2 finally gets on lol

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
And the guy with 0 career NHL goals does that how?

Liljegren seems like one of the better PP options but rarely gets tried there.
Have to ask the coach that one.

Sure. But I think the crest on the front of Liljegren's jersey would be more helpful to the Leafs on PP2 than the crest on the front of Timmins' jersey.
It’s fair to have a preference but young Timmy certainly isn’t entitled to the spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad