Special units efficiency

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Hi guys, I'm wondering where I could find the individual statistics of NHL players on the penalty kill and the man advantage, such as the number of times their team score or get scored on when they are on the ice, the turnovers, the blocked shots, etc. in order to assess their efficiency.

Any idea?

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Thanks Mystlyfe.

What stats would you use to measure the efficiency of good penalty killers? Blocked shots, ice time, take aways? Anything else?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Didn't check those links yet but does anyone track PK by minute shorthanded? I've often thought having the PK rated by % makes little sense given some PK are 2 minutes, some are 2 seconds.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Didn't check those links yet but does anyone track PK by minute shorthanded? I've often thought having the PK rated by % makes little sense given some PK are 2 minutes, some are 2 seconds.

Yes that would be a good idea to know if teams score more goals in the first minute of a PP (with their first unit) or at the end of the two minutes.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Yes that would be a good idea to know if teams score more goals in the first minute of a PP (with their first unit) or at the end of the two minutes.

I was actually thinking about how a team sometimes only has a PP or PK for say 7 seconds because the other team had an expiring penalty. Seems silly that the most used measure for assessing team performance in this area treats 2 minutes and 7 seconds as the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad