Line Combos: Special Teams .... Revamped

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Aside from goaltending being bad.. we were in a lot of close games last year, and I felt we were never really out of any game.. so why were we 2nd worst? What about year before? Then I looked at our special teams.. :laugh:

Our PP was dead last. Our highest goal scorer on the PP was Ennis with 5.

Our PK was 3rd worst.

Last 2 years: 4th worst PK and 8th worst PP.

We added Dadonov, Stutzle, Galchenyuk, Stepan, Paquette, Watson, Gudbranson, Brown, Murray

Dadonov was 12th in the league in PPG with 11.
Prior to last year, Gally was 33rd in PPGs previous 2 years and 42nd in PPPs.. the next closest Senator was Stone at 97th...
Stepan in that same time frame had 21 PPPs and woulda been tied on our team with Mike Hoffman for 4th.
Stutzle was a wizard for Germany on the man advantage and they have best PPG in the tournament.

Last 2 years Arizona Coyotes first in league in PK and Stepan was second highest SHTOI and had 4 SHG which would have been tied for our lead, his effectiveness not the most flattering compared to other forwards tho.

Last 2 years, TB PK been 4th best in the league. In that time span, Paquette has 3rd most TOI after Cirelli and Killorn and he has had best PK stats of the three(and would absolute crush any of our top 5 forward PKers). He also has 2nd most SHG's in that span with 3 (woulda been tied with Pageau for us).

Gudbranson and Josh Brown stats average but high usage that will see them replace Hainsey, Ceci and Zaitsev's, who's effectiveness was absolutely brutallllllllll statistically... like seriously, Demelo was significantly better and even Boro than those guys.

Funny enough, Murray and Hogberg are no better, actually a tiny bit worse, ppsv% compared to Andy and Nilsson. Pitts just had excellent group of PKers that had them ranked 4th in last 2 years even with similar goaltending stats to us(Jarry was worse than Andy too).

TLDR: We have added significant pieces to our PP and some of the league's best PK forwards.

With that in mind, what do you think the PP lines will look like?

Here's mine:

PP1:

. Tkachuk
. Dadonov
Batherson Galchenyuk
Chabot

PP2:
. Stepan
. White
Stutzle Tierney/Anisimov
Wolanin

PK1:

Paquette Stepan
Gudbranson-Zaitsev

PK2:

Brown-Tierney
Coburn/Chabot/Reilly-Brown ( All except for Cobourn had really low PKTOI totals last couple of years, will be interesting to see if PK role for Coburn gives him a spot on team/more minutes)

Stutzle replaces Batherson if he shows serious effect. What are your line-ups since this could have serious affect on our standing position.

Last edited:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Good point. We definitely have better personnel, let's see what DJ can do with them.
I'll be honest with all these additions, I expect to see a competitive team battle it out for a Playoff position

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad