Special Announcement Thursday June 24, 10am PT

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I really hate this for you guys if it's Tocchet. You better hope like hell they open the coffers and sign the best possible assistants for him if he's the guy.

Reactions: Fuhrious

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I really hate this for you guys if it's Tocchet. You better hope like hell they open the coffers and sign the best possible assistants for him if he's the guy.

He'll be in a better spot to succeed than he was with the coyotes.... No offense but its getting the whole its a poor choice or seattle should have went with someone else is getting old...

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Could be coaching staff in addition.

At what point was there an announcement hours beforehand to unveil some scout, staff etc?

It's going to be something way more important and the HC position is basically the last thing left to fill out before the expansion and entry draft.

justPlay

(>‿◠)✌
Jan 10, 2009
Oh well, if it's Tocchet I will not be thrilled but am willing to give him a chance.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If it's Tocchet, god forbid, the Kraken are off to a bad start going forward. Tocchet being named head coach is an instant sign that this is a men's club as opposed to an organization. It's why I fear Francis being named GM of this team.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Dear lord, I feel terrible for the eventual fans of this team. That man single handedly sucked every ounce of life from my Flyers during his tenure. Nothing about him says he has any ability to be different. Good luck.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
And there's the Seattle Kraken's first controversial decision in their history. You guys are off to a great start! That Flyer tenure was somewhat disastrous.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Congrats to both Seattle and Dave! Looking forward to a great 1st season.

I know Dave's first gig with Philly had its ups and downs, but, I think it's tough for a college coach to immediately be successful in the NHL, especially with an established franchise like the Flyers. Maybe this time around, he can get the Kraken competitive right off the bat.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

JelloPuddyPops

"Gotta support the team."
Oct 9, 2018
Pacific Northwest
And there's the Seattle Kraken's first controversial decision in their history. You guys are off to a great start! That Flyer tenure was somewhat disastrous.
Everything is disastrous to Flyers fans. Which makes sense… cause they are Flyers fans.

This coaching announcement provides an outlet for Flyers fans who’ve grown tired of telling everyone how great Carter Hart is. (Ooops)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad