TV: Spartacus: House Of Ashur (Starz)

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

Starz has greenlighted the new 10-episode drama series Spartacus: House of Ashur with the return of Steven S. DeKnight to the franchise serving as showrunner and executive producer.

Starz describes the series as “a history-bending, erotic, thrilling, roller-coaster experience” that builds on the original series, Spartacus. It will ask, “What if Ashur hadn’t died on Mount Vesuvius at the end of Spartacus: Vengeance? And what if he had been gifted the gladiator school once owned by Batiatus [John Hannah] in return for aiding the Romans in killing Spartacus and ending the slave rebellion?”

Reactions: Tuggy

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Nice! The Spartacus series has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, although it's an interesting choice to retcon history. I'd rather see them continue the story after War of the Damned to show the formation of the First Triumvirate and the rise of Caesar's character.

That said, Ashur was my most hated character in the whole series, so I guess they did a good job with him in the original series.

Reactions: gary69

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I burned through the series, but I had to stop two eps into S3, because Tubi had the edited versions and Holy Shit is the show unwatchable without the nudity and gore.

Jai Courtney is the destitute man's Tom Hardy.

I was hoping for an epilogue after the finale where your see Crassius in Parthia and a reveal of Nassir as the guide who lead him into the trap that killed him.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
I recently stumbled across a list if how many actresses got naked in the series.. interesting list
The good thing about this show was that the Mrs. couldn't complain about all the female nudity because there was an equal amount of greased up muscle dudes.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I didnt really expect the thread to take this turn when I made that naked joke.

But if this is what the posters want to talk about, then so be it. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad