Post-Game Talk: Sparks Makes History: First Leafs Goalie to get a Shutout in Debut - 3-0 Leafs Win

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Great game for the JVR - Kadri - Komarov line

And Sparkles shined .. He was very solid (with a bit of help from the posts)

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Really happy for Sparks.

Nice to see that our starter, and the second option both are Leafs drafted and developed goalies. :yo:

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
giphy.gif

SPARKS!!!

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Awesome! I love having stuff to cheer for. And classy Bernier, one of the first guys out there to congratulate him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well, not sure you can send down Sparks now....

Maybe Berger was right :O

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I guess we'll have to see if we can trade Reimer to Montreal or something. Sparks looks pretty good, but it is still stupid to waive or trade Bernier.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
How good is Leo? He looks like he's back to his old self (pre-Ovechkin slewfoot). He's such a smart hitter, who busts his ass and is a smart player overall.

I want to liken him to a Dustin Brown if we ever get to the Kings' level: not a flashy player but leads by example and makes a difference.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
to be fair, even bernier prob would have got a shutout against those oilers... so bad

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
We was the much better team. Oilers are awful and arrogant like Hall. Defensively not good and they will never ever make other teams pay.

Our best players were LEO KOMAROV again our best first liner, Kadri, Phaneuf(!!!) and Sparks. Pretty easy game for Sparks though. Phaneuf made it tough for the other young noob team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad