Soviet Team 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Who would they add? Kostitsyn?

Canada was better than Russia by a larger margin than Kostityn would be able to bridge.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I imagine if the Soviet Union was alive and well, they would've developed a few more Tretiaks along with some Maltsevs and Yakushevs.. not to mention some more Kharlamovs..

The country went through 10 years of disaster, it's hard to say what the hockey system would be like if the USSR never broke up..

You guys talk **** all you want, but we still made the finals, and those who talk **** the most around here, didn't.. Canada is the only country that's better than Russia.. if I was American, I'd be embarassed to gloat about Russia's loss to Canada after the way Russia humiliated the US on the ice and off it as well..

and lastly.. after Russia lost 6:1 to Canada, I don't see any of the Russian posters around here say anything negative about Canada.. when Russia won 7:2, very few American posters acknowledged the real problem of the game, and that is that Russia completely outplayed the US for 95% of the game..

bye bye.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Yeah, Kostitisyn would make the team, but I doubt that would help much. Canada was the better team. I am really sorry that Kostitsyin is now too old for more WJCs. After 5 years it will be strange not to see him again. But still, I can't wait to see him on the senior team!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
MOGiLNY said:
and lastly.. after Russia lost 6:1 to Canada, I don't see any of the Russian posters around here say anything negative about Canada.. when Russia won 7:2, very few American posters acknowledged the real problem of the game, and that is that Russia completely outplayed the US for 95% of the game..

bye bye.

As I said, they're "unbiased", for real :lol

Safir*

MOGiLNY said:
The country went through 10 years of disaster, it's hard to say what the hockey system would be like if the USSR never broke up...

A very important point. :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad